Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description SUCKS!!

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by EL_NinO619, Nov 17, 2011.

1. EL_NinO619

EL_NinO619 EX-Swage Monkey

Aug 11, 2010
    San Diego
    So I was browsing the web for bullets and ran across, they had a 1000c .308 147 bullets for $95 bucks. Good price, I order 5000, they charge my card and a couple hours later the lady calls and tell me they are canceling my order. She said they had a typo. I politely ask her to at least honor one of the orders, since I will be inconvenienced for the charge on my card. She was very rude and told me I could buy them at the non listed price and then said I canceled your order bye. Before I could even say anything else. Well I checked again and they are STILL the same price.. They have lost a customer, not for the error, but for the attitude as if I did something wrong..:steamed:
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  2. WiskyT

WiskyT Malcontent

Jun 12, 2002
    North Carolina
    Good to know that they suck. Thanks for tipping the rest of us off. I could see them not being responsible for typos, but they should have made some effort to meet you in the middle. And then to leave the wrong price up there just makes them a bunch of schmucks.

3. BK63

Sep 15, 2005
    Good to know. I've had some companies with great products and horrible customer service. I remember buying lead bullets and 3 weeks later I'm calling them a second or third time looking for my stuff I was charged for on day one. Ordered from another company and they are here in 3 days and still waiting on company #1. You can't treat customers like that. Maybe we should all email them and tell them why we won't order from them. Did you get a name? It's always good to drop a name in the email.
  4. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    Just let them know you were sharing your experience with the largest gun forum on the internet.
  5. Ceapea

Apr 12, 2010
    That does suck! I really like their brass too. I have a few thousand 38 spl from some BVAC ammo that I bought two years ago. It's really good stuff.
  6. Beanie-Bean

Apr 23, 2011
    Central Texas
    Sorry to hear about that, and thanks for the heads-up. You are doing the right thing by voting with your dollars elsewhere after being treated like that.
  7. alank2

May 24, 2004
    I can't stand companies who fail to treat their customers with respect. I would have been most offended with being hung up on without even a chance to talk further.
  8. freakshow10mm

freakshow10mm 10mm Advocate

Website used to be I haven't had issues with them in the past.
  9. IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    First, I HIGHLY doubt this conversation went exactly as you've detailed above...

Not excusing her behavior.. but.. what did you expect her to do? She told you it was a typo... it's no different then you picking something up in a store that is priced wrong, and asking to be given a break on the price because you carried it to the register. She offered you the non-listed price, which I'm assuming you balked at.. what did you want her to do?

Inconvenience of the charge on your card? Really? If you've given all details of the call, it doesn't sound like she's suggested you did something wrong, just didn't want to listen to you try to shame her into giving you a deal that shouldn't be on their website in the first place. As for why it's still the wrong price.. I'm assuming this is a small shop, and maybe not everyone there knows how to update the inventory/pricing on the website, and the person that did is not available at that time.

Honestly, just from what you've said, I'd have probably been rude to you to.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  10. I have ordered from Scharge many times and been happy. On the site $95 gets you 500 of those bullets. Looks like they have updated their site design from the old one. Probably an error in the switch - it happens.

I can vouch for these guys and will order from them again.
  11. Colorado4Wheel

Nov 2, 2006
    I was kinda thinking the same thing.

Mistakes happen. I know I wouldn't want to be punished for every little error. Compensating you for the trouble of typing in your card # is a little like asking us to compensate you for posting this thread. It just ain't going to happen.
  12. pmcjury

Nov 4, 2008
    This is exactly the same thing. And i believe stores have to honor the listed advertised price (i Know this is the case in NY, not sure if its the same across the country). It's a bait and switch, and is against consumer protection laws.

Bottom line, they ****ed up their pricing, they still need to honor it.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  13. freakshow10mm

freakshow10mm 10mm Advocate

If not done intentionally, it's not "bait and switch". Mistakes happen.
  14. Yes by all means call the Federal Trade Commission, or the Secretary of State, or some other useless, bloated government entity. Oh and don't forget to call the class action law firm too :whistling:.

Imagine what country we would have it you used that logic to make our elected officials own up to what they say and do? But nope we are worried about the price of a George Forman grill advertised in a catalog.

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph people make mistakes. If the shoe was on the other foot?

We have become a country of cry babies.

Rant over. Sorry guys.
  15. F106 Fan

F106 Fan

Oct 19, 2011
    In California, they have to honor the advertised price UNLESS there is the usual disclaimer re: typos. Even then, county district attorneys are watching.

If it is marked on the box or marked on a sign on the shelf, that IS the price and they have to honor it. No matter what...

The problem with the Internet is that there are no universal laws to protect consumers. But we can still vote with our wallets and that is the most fundamental law of all. If you don't like something don't buy it. If a company treats you badly, don't buy from them.

One of the very best woodworking suppliers in the country had a subsidiary that ran a scam about 8 years ago. Since then, I haven't spent a single dime with them and I never will again. The thing is, they have the best selection of woodworking stuff on the planet so it's really inconvenient to avoid them. But I am voting with my wallet.

16. gforester

gforester Motorhead

Feb 1, 2009
    Cocoa, FL
    I just checked that website and the price is now $179 for a 1000c box. Even at that price it is still a very good deal for .308 bullets. That doesn't excuse being rude on the phone though.
  17. pmcjury

Nov 4, 2008
    I agree that people make mistakes, but sometimes when people make mistakes its costs them money. The company already charged his account, and took his money under terms they set. They should have to live with them.

If this was in a brick and motor store would you be so forgiving. You pick up a few things and check out, on your way out the manager comes running up and says we didn't charge you enough, please come back and pay the full price. What would you do then. Would say well mistakes happen a go back and pay what they wanted?
  18. IGotIt

IGotIt No Demlibtards

Aug 20, 2011
    On The Edge
    Online orders computer generated at the time of sale have the credit card info submitted to the respective bank at that time. Some companies charge orders immediately and some charge the day of shipping.

It appears in this case, they charge the order immediately and then when someone at the company began to process the order saw the discrepancy and called the OP.

In most cases if the error is "too good to be true" like in this where it's listed as 5000 pieces rather than 500, a prudent person would understand that a mistake was made. remember, a computer is only as good as the person who entered the information.

I do think the representative should have maybe thrown maybe a 10% discount on the next order by the OP, though.
  19. This company is a good company. I have done business with them for a few years.
  20. EL_NinO619

EL_NinO619 EX-Swage Monkey

Aug 11, 2010
    San Diego

First of all you should not assume, you make a A2$ out of you and me. This is exactly how the conver sation went.

Me Hello
    Hi the order you placed was wrong and we can not give them to you for that.
    So your website was wrong
    Do you want to buy 500 for that price or a 1000 for 194
    Wait so my order was no good
    no wrong price
    okay well can you honor one for the price and the other normal
    no you can buy 2 of the 500 or I can cancel your order
    wait your price was wrong so
    okay ill cancel your order bye............. While I was talking...

And as for the charge, the funds are still tied up, so yes I am inconvenienced as in I cant buy anything else right now..