close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Top Shot TV show scam?

Discussion in 'General Competition' started by WilyCoyote, Jun 28, 2010.

1. So I'm watching this show called Top Shot, where a bunch of top shooters from wherever compete for a prize. Like most reality shows they have to eliminate a team member on every show.

On this episode I saw, one of the weaker players, James was up against a strong player, Ian. The challenge consisted of six pendulums with ceramic plates (dinner, not armor) on them lined up in a row front to back in front of the shooter. 3 were blue and 3 were red and the colors alternated. You get 1 pt for hitting red and -1 pt for hitting a blue.

The challenge was to shoot only the red plates while the pendulums were swinging. So when the challenge starts the pendulums are released one at a time, from back to front and the shooter is told to start when all are swinging.

So when the more popular shooter, Ian starts, he gets all 3 reds and hits no blue. good boy. but when James goes, he (suprising to everyone else) hits all three reds, but he lost the challege cuz he also hit a blue plate.

Now I think he was set up because (thanks to DVR rewind and slow motion) u see that a red plate pendulum was released right when a swinging blue went behind it effectively making it impossible for James to hit the red without the bullet passing through and also hitting the blue.

I watched this over and over and Ian's plates were all swinging in different places, but James had two swinging together. Was this a scam?

2. waktasz

waktasz Gamer Scumbag

Aug 10, 2002
    Philly Area
    There's a thread on Brian's forum with a bunch of the members from the show participating...go ask there

3. South Fla

South Fla ©South Fla 2015

Oct 10, 2006
    Duh...
    What forum???

Could you be a wee bit more specific?

I know lots of Brians.

4. waktasz

waktasz Gamer Scumbag

Aug 10, 2002
    Philly Area
    If you don't know, or can't figure out how to google it, maybe it's better you're not a member ;)

5. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

Jan 3, 2009
    Smyrna, GA
    Brian Enos

6. South Fla

Oct 10, 2006
    Duh...
    Maybe it is better that I am not and have to deal with your ilk.

7. South Fla

Oct 10, 2006
    Duh...
    Thank you for answering my questions in a respectful and informative manner.
    :thumbsup: