close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

tooth ache arghhhhhh

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by *ASH*, May 20, 2012.

1. 17&27

17&27

Feb 19, 2012
    Tx
    I feel your pain. I passed 3 kidney stones last week.
    Careful application of hydrocodone is your friend.

2. I hope you get some relief quickly. tom.:wavey:

3. KirkG

KirkG More Cowbell!

Nov 2, 2011
    Toothaches are the worst - especially abscesses. I know it probably wasn't the best thing to do but back in the day, I used to use the first incarnation of Sensodyne toothpaste for a pain reliever. Smeared a glob over the area and just let it sit for awhile. Eventually, it would start to burn a bit and then the pain would subside - usually for good. The stuff was probably expired when I used it so hard to tell what it had morphed into over the years but it worked like a champ!

4. jim123

jim123

Aug 17, 2004
    chicago
    When I get a toothache from food getting under the gums, I can start to feel that it's gonna happen as little as a few hours after the food got stuck there. Someone told me about using whisky as mouth wash but I found regular old hydrogen peroxide is an almost instant relief of pain and swelling. I mix is 50/50 with water in a shot glass and swish for 2 or 3 minutes. The foam is a little annoying but thats when you know there is an infection there and it goes away after 20 minutes or so. It winds up costing about $6 per gallon when you find them on sale at 2 quarts for $3. Mix it 50/50 with water because it will make the inside of your cheeks red and will burn your mouth like you ate something spicy.

5. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 LongTerm-Guy

Aug 10, 2010
    NC
    `First Gargle with an antiseptic mouth wash...squish between teeth....then brush *tooth-paste) for a good 3 minutes or more....then use mouthwash again then rinse with sink water....Get the food out...many foods & drink have sugar in them....stay away from it until you get a handle on your problem...sugar/bacteria not good for sensitive areas....when I had a similar problem even a beer would effect it after 30 minutes...I would go brush...rinse and gargle...pain gone!....Brushing thoroughly.....gargling and rinsing is your friend...

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  6. Sgt.K

Sgt.K They Just Work!

Jan 11, 2000
    Kentucky, USA
    Sorry to hear of your pain, BTDT and I'm sure you will be fine. Now I wish I had teeth to ache. Be a year in July. Hate my dentures. Keep your real teeth as long as you can.

7. Magnus2131

Magnus2131 Glock Gimp

Aug 9, 2008
    Kansas
    I suffer from daily chronic pain but tooth pain is one of the worst.

8. true believer

true believer Super Moderator Moderator

Apr 17, 2000
    drexel hill pa
    ditto that!! when i was a kid i remember getting a shot and the doc working on the tooth...hurt like hell for 20 minutes..then when leaving the office the tooth would be nice and numb!!
    :shocked:
    i have to have 2 wisdom teeth and a molar pulled on friday..nice holiday weekend..
    :crying::faint:

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  9. true believer

true believer Super Moderator Moderator

Apr 17, 2000
    drexel hill pa
    ps
    ash, forgot to wish you well!!
    :wavey:

10. jtull7

jtull7 Pistolero CLM

Jan 27, 2006
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    "What's wrong with you?"

"My tooth hurty."

"When did you get that?"

"Oh, about two thirty."

"What's wrong with you?"

"I've got a weak back."

"When did you get that?"

"Oh, about a week back."

11. Zonny

Zonny

Apr 22, 2006
    Tempe, Arizona
    For something in between your teeth (and daily hygiene) Proxabrushes are the way to go.

12. michael e

michael e

Nov 20, 2010
    My wisdom teeth have been killing me for a week now, first night I slept 1 hour total. Been taking advil and oraljel to help.