close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Took New Kimber Raptor Pro 2 to Range Today..

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Glock4ever84, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Glock4ever84

Glock4ever84

Sep 8, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I just recently caved in a bought a Kimber Raptor Pro 2 because my friends keep bugging me to get a 1911 and as soon as I saw it it caught my eye and I have heard that Kimbers are pretty decent. Well I was in town long enough to shoot the recommended break in amount of rounds, 200, and the slide only locked up on me once and did not experience any jams or failures to feed properly. The surprising thing though is I couldn't hit the center of the target to save my life. I had several ranger officers fire the gun and it hit almost exactly where they wanted it too, it did shoot a little too the left though. All my shots were low. They made a comment that it is completely different than shooting a Glock, they know that's all I've shot and do quite well, but I left disappointed in my abilities with the Kimber. I trust my shooting abilities of my Glocks, so I cannot understand why I couldn't hit the center of the target. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. They did tell me that I have to get used to the different style of trigger pull. The Glock being a more of a squeeze action and the 1911 more of a pushing back. I do not know if that is true, but at this point I am willing to listen to any tips. Am I able to repeatedly dry fire a 1911 too to practice my trigger pull? I know Glocks you can all day and it doesn't hurt the gun at all since it is a striker system. Thanks a bunch for your advice.

2. jrs93accord

jrs93accord

Jul 10, 2005
    Pensacola, FL
    It does take practice. Try not anticiapting the shot and just follow through with your trigger pull. Anticipating the shot is causing you to shoot low and left. The trigger pull is light and smooth on the Kimber. You just need to adjust to it and practice will help you do that. Do not get discouraged. You will pick it up quicker than you think.

JR

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010

3. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

Feb 28, 2001
    NY
    Lots of dry firing will help more than anything in my opinion.

4. The_Drizzle

The_Drizzle I make it rain!

Jul 23, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    Nice buy. Just keep shooting it, you will get it. I like your description of the trigger pulls. Try and "push" the trigger straight back, slow and controlled until the boom.

5. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    Congrats on a great gun. I have 3 myself. This may help.

[​IMG]

6. Glock4ever84

Glock4ever84

Sep 8, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Thanks a lot guys. When I get back into town from the rig I am going to try and try again.

7. jtkimber45

jtkimber45

Jan 15, 2010
    I think it is just getting used to the grip angle and different trigger. I had to use my old Glock for a range class a few months ago and at first all my shots were going about 4" high (Been shooting/carrying only 1911's for the last 2 yearrs). After a bit of shooting I was right back on target with it, just had to get used to the feel again.

8. Glock4ever84

Glock4ever84

Sep 8, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Here is a picture as a thanks to everyone's advice and help.

Attached Files: