Too much pressure?

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by dalegates, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Hi, guys - a realoading "newbie" here. I am assuming the attached pic of my 500 S & W case is an indication that I need to tone it down? Notice the line above the case head.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!

Attached Files:

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    How much will a crimp affect pressure? Reloading Jan 19, 2013
    How much can crimping affect pressure, etc? 10mm Reloading Forum Sep 19, 2012
    How much more velocity with G23 barrel in G27? The Sub Club Friday at 1:17 PM
    Like OMG, like this would like have been so much fun like when I was 15.......... The Okie Corral Thursday at 7:03 PM
    How much training have you done on your time/your dime? Cop Talk Tuesday at 12:27 AM

3. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

What you are seeing is an incipient case head separation. If you enjoy an exciting life please set up your video camera and start a You Tube account before you fire it. Us old people need the entertainment.

You would be wise to not only toss that piece of brass but check all your other brass for signs of separation from inside the case.

May also be time to reconsider your load.

Jack

4. Will do, thanks.

5. Who would even want to load a 500 S&W hot.

Pass the Trail Boss for me.

6. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Why aren't you at work you lazy bastard?

Jack

7. Yeah, that's me.... I'm a real trail boss.

8. Leave me alone old man. I was eating lunch.

9. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Call me old man again and you won't be around long enough to become one. :fist:

Jack

10. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

Was that a threat or a promise? :rofl:

11. IF that is an incipiant head sep, you should be able to see it in the big 500 case as an internal crack. A wire bent & scraped on the inside will also tell you.

12. Shadyscott69

Shadyscott69 GT Sponsor

:wow: Someone bout to get a beat down!

[​IMG]

13. I'll do that. Thanks for a helpful reply, devoid of any "tood".

14. I sincerely hope that "someone" would be me. I'll do the team a favor and volunteer myself to be the plaything for those gals in the picture.

15. It's a US.GOV picture for anti Drug abuse of some sort. Perhaps if the girls where uglier it would be more effective. That picture just makes you want to stare at them and go hmmm, If only I was younger.

16. Zombie Steve

Zombie Steve Decap Pin Killa

Good lord, we need to get you a date, Stevie.

17. Wow, this is nice - we're gone from a discussion of pressure to a suggestion of inappropriate contact with teenagers in 15 posts...

18. Zombie Steve

Zombie Steve Decap Pin Killa

We're good at that.

19. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Hell, it took longer than usual... I fear we're getting old. :fred:

Dalegates, welcome to the forum. You'll find that our little band of crazies tend to answer questions in a somewhat less than conventional manner and then wander off into total obscurity.

Keeps the moderator on his toes. :whistling:

Jack

20. I did some 44 mag like that once. The entire head of the case was embossed with the machine marks on the frame around the firng pin hole and the primer flowed so much it looked like a graduation cap when I deprimed. The Blackhawk held it together but I back off a few 10ths on the H110.

21. WiskyT

WiskyT Malcontent

It looks like a clothing advertisement.

Does anyone NOT think the one on the right would win?