close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Too many options

Discussion in 'The Sig Sauer Club' started by travDMH, Dec 17, 2012.

1. travDMH

travDMH
    Expand Collapse

A while ago I posted on GT asking which 9mm I should get. The 9 would be for range use as well as the gun for my go-bag when SHTF. I ended up getting another 45. But I did my homework and decided if I ever get a 9 it would be a sig.

I've narrowed it down to a 229 or 226. What makes the 226 navy more capable then a regular 226? How does the 229 scorpion stack up against the dark elite? This is exhausting and I could use some help.

Also Is $860 for a NIB dark elite 229 a good deal? How about $870 for a NIB 226 navy?

Thanks everyone

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. bac1023

bac1023
    Expand Collapse

Nothing...

3. silversport

silversport
    Expand Collapse

none of the options that SiG puts into their pistols today are worth it...unless you want (or need) those options...so let that be your guide and purchase accordingly...

were I buying a P226 today, I might buy the MkIV but only because, given the choice, I would want Nitron, night sights, the standard DA/SA trigger and the extra magazines (as well as the current rumor that these still come with the Mec-Gar made magazines) but if I could find those things on a less expensive version of the P226 (as I did on a 1999 version without the less desired by me light rail too) I would go that route...

Bill

4. hawgrider

hawgrider
    Expand Collapse

Most of the things from model to the next are just options - SRT, Grips, sights, beavertail etc. It all depends on what you like/want. All in all its the same gun. You just pay more for certain models depending on how they flash them up.

5. Wolfdad

Wolfdad
    Expand Collapse

The standard 226 with no embellishments is a great pistol. In my opinion nothing else is needed.

6. ESAFO

ESAFO
    Expand Collapse

i really like my P250C .45 yeah the pull is longer than the Glocks, but for the price it works just fine for me.

7. fastbolt

fastbolt
    Expand Collapse

Uh, it's just hadngun.

Presuming it's made by one of the major, reputable companies who have acquired experience in making service weapons which have to meet general quality/service equipment standards, it's just equipment.

The question reasonably becomes how safely, effectively and well can you, as the equipment user, can employ and use the equipment under any anticipated circumstances and conditions. ;)

Sig Sauer makes good quality, decent service weapons.

Pick something in a nice color (finish) if that floats your boat. :)

#7 fastbolt, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012