close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Tomcat Question...

Discussion in 'Beretta Club' started by joebalama, Feb 13, 2011.

1. joebalama

joebalama

Dec 4, 2003
    dfw
    I just bought a used Tomcat from a guy and was hoping someone could help out. He told me the gun hadn't been fired in a long time and needed to be cleaned real bad. Well, prior to selling, he cleaned it pretty good.

When I pull the slide back, it's real tight. Not rip-your-fingers-off tight, but a lot tighter than what I expected. Once it gets about halfway back, it kind feels like it catches a little, then goes all the way back. And once the slide is to the rear, I can go forward about half-way, back and forth pretty easy. Is this the norm? I just wondered if that small caliber is going to rack the slide back. I have never owned a small caliber weapon and just want to make sure it's safe. I'm not a complete moron when it comes to guns but just thought I'd ask here.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

2. joebalama

joebalama

Dec 4, 2003
    dfw
    Thanks Fellas, that oughta cover everything!

3. Shipwreck-The-Sequel

Shipwreck-The-Sequel Beretta 92 Nut!

May 11, 2010
    Hockey City, Texas
    Guns these small tend to be of blowback design. That necessitates a stronger recoil spring. They are hard to pull back.

But, that's why the gun is made with the barrel that tips up. You can load the mag, and then tip the barrel and only load the 1 round directly into the chamber.

Also, I would suggest posting either in the general gun area here on this site or at the Beretta Forum:

http://www.berettaforum.net/vb/

This Beretta subforum here is rather quiet.

4. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Honestly, even though its a Beretta, you'll get a much better response in General Firearms.

There just isn't enough traffic here.

5. joebalama

joebalama

Dec 4, 2003
    dfw
    Thanks fellas. I wasn't tryin' to be a dick, just tryin' to humor myself.

6. STLGLK

STLGLK

Nov 1, 2010
    St. Louis, Mo.