close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

To those in New York, I'm sorry

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by twag4, Jan 15, 2013.

1. twag4

twag4

Feb 28, 2010
    Alabama
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  2. RPVG

RPVG

Oct 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL

3. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

Sep 30, 2006
    I wonder how much of a change they will have in 2014.

4. redbaron007

redbaron007 Some Dude Lifetime Member

Jan 26, 2009
    SWMO
    It's a shame.

However, the info regarding TX and WY is encouraging. Both states are wanting to pass legislation to arrest those who want to enforce federal gun laws in their state....relating to gun bans, limited mags etc.

:wavey:

red

5. NY has always been a ****bag place to live so this is no big deal.

6. fx77

fx77 CLM

Nov 23, 2008
    Thanks for the pity...now I will get drunk..Think of all the firearms that do not make mags with <7 rounds...
    HK, Steyer, Rem 1187, Sig, GLOCK.. and on and on and on

7. Harley6133

Harley6133

Aug 25, 2012
    Election have consequences.
    Sorry for those on the other side
    The rest of us better take notice and learn from this

8. Other than 1911 and some antiques, do any modern auto come with a 7 round magazine? Sound like they basically outlawed modern auto pistols.

9. kda

kda NRA Life Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Tucson, AZ
    They are just warming up folks. You ain't seen nothing yet I fear. Sure happy I don't live there for a lot of reasons including this one.

10. And next year it will be 6. Then the year after 5. Then 4....

See if you can arbitrarily decide there is a limit then the limit can be moved.

For no doubt some nutjob will one day use a 7 shot pistol to kill a bunch (he will just bring more mags or a second gun) and then the cry will be to ban them to.

See that is what happened in the U.K. And now they are forced to go to FRANCE to even shoot pistols for the Olympics.

Deaf

11. They don't need to pass any new laws to do this. They already can make arrests of federal agents, be it FBI, DEA, or US Marshalls. Just have the county sheriffs make the arrests. They have the power... all they need is the will to do it.

12. JAS104

JAS104 NRA Life Member

Apr 2, 2012
    USA
  13. ChiTownPicaro

ChiTownPicaro

Jul 16, 2012
    This is ridiculous. I don't think this will combat the problem at all and will only punish the law abiding. Will police and other law enforcement be exempt?

14. GLJones

GLJones

May 16, 2000
    Orlando, Florida
    Guess I have made my last trip to New York. I am done with NY, NJ, CA and a few other states that violate the rights of citizens.

15. I, too, am sorry for New Yorkers. Leave if you can. Practice speedloads if you can't, and Pray either way.

16. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

Aug 20, 2010
    Out On The Tiles
    Kahrs
    PPS
    Sig P239 in .40 and .357 Sig
    Shield
    Nano
    XDs

Off the top of my head.

17. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

Jun 20, 2002
    ChiTownPicaro
    Well did you just wake up? Your dammed right they are! Where do you think they are going to get there next supply of AR's and 30 mags from! All the guns they are going to be confiscating in the very near future! Cause within the law is that the State police are the approving authority for the Permits and mandatory registration that are now law! In other words - if your a gunowner in NY they can deny you ownership for any reason! Then they get to confiscate all your guns cause with out the permit your a felon if you have a gun!:steamed:

Well I wonder oif the NRA is going to file suit to get this over turned- are you NYS gun owners going to file suit? Or are you just goijng to standby while they take your guns?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  18. SJ 40

SJ 40

Jan 17, 2011
    Vermont
    + 1 but you left out Il.,I avoid Communist S*** Holes like the plague. SJ 40

19. One thing. If they move to the South, they need to leave their New York ideas and ways behind them. One Florida is enough.