close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

To Hogue grip a SP101 or no?

Discussion in 'Ruger Club' started by dp2002813, Feb 13, 2012.

1. dp2002813

dp2002813
    Expand Collapse

Out at the range last week and thought I could use a little larger grip on the SP101. I looked at both the factory and the Hogue, but could not tell if there was a difference between the two in thickness.

The Hogue look good and I read many people like them more than the factory, but are they and thinker? Did you notice a better shooting experience with them over the factory.

I typically shoot full-house loads, if that helps, 125g or 180g.

Thank in advance!

PS. After shooting the SP101 and then a Glock 30, I now understand why people still call the Glock a brick grip. :tongueout: on them, it is still a great shooter.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. sns3guppy

sns3guppy
    Expand Collapse

I didn't like Hogues on mine, but then I like the factory grip.

3. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe
    Expand Collapse

I put Pachmayr's on mine.
    I think they protect/pad my hand a lot more than the stock grips.
    [​IMG]

4. dp2002813

dp2002813
    Expand Collapse

Very nice MinervaDoe and thanks! I am taking a look into those right now.

5. FLSlim

FLSlim
    Expand Collapse

I've used stock, Pachmayr and Hogue. I just couldn't warm up to the stock grips, and I couldn't get a tight fit with the Pachmayr and couldn't use a speed loader (speed strips are ok). Mine's been wearing Hogues for a year or two and I'm happy with them.

6. SGT HATRED

SGT HATRED
    Expand Collapse

I would highly recommend the hogue grips for your sp101. They feel perfect in your hand and increase control tremendously. The only reason I don't use them anymore is because I've upgraded to some crimson trace grips.

7. T-Rod45

T-Rod45
    Expand Collapse
    Loves The Glock

I recommend them.

About 2 years ago I purchased my SP101 from a friend and they came on the pistol. I wanted a more "pretty" grip so I went with Badgers. They cracked after the first 5 shots so I sent them back for a new pair with the same results. They are total junk. Hougue rubber grips are solid and simple. Not that pretty but they work.

8. Rcsteffen

Rcsteffen
    Expand Collapse

We just put a set on my buddy's SP101 at the range this morning. I like the look of his stock grips with the wood inlays, but the Hogues really felt good IMO. He got them for $20, but he haggles on EVERYTHING.

9. L Pete

L Pete
    Expand Collapse

I'm like FLslim.....couldn't get the Pachys to tighten up. I went to Hogues and don't have a problem. They sure make the SP easier to shoot with Magnum loads.