close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

To buy or not to buy? That is the question.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Chrisdsm22, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Chrisdsm22

Chrisdsm22

Aug 31, 2011
    Utah
    Hey guys, need some much needed advise. Found this gen 3 glock 26 this guy is selling for 350 obo. He says he scratched the slide so he tried to refinish the slide himself and blued with the wrong blue or something. It has around 450 rounds through it or so he says. What do you guys think? Sorry the picture he sent me isn't the greatest.

Attached Files:

2. farscott

farscott

Apr 6, 2003
    Athens, AL, USA
    It appears the slide has been either sanded or abraded, and the sights are also missing. I doubt the underlying metal is damaged, but the oxide finish on the slide is gone except at the slide nose. I would ask for more pictures or ask the seller to allow you to field strip it before purchasing. Take the time to look for signs of more abuse such as cracks near the rear of the slide by the rails and a bent slide nose extension ring. I would consider buying it if there is a GSSF match nearby or if you have no issues sending it to Glock in Smyrna for maintenance.

I would try to purchase it for as little as possible as the frame, barrel, and internals are worth having. $300 would be my absolute upper limit.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012

3. S&WGlocker

S&WGlocker

Sep 9, 2011
    Central US
    :perfect10:

4. BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ Glockalfeliac

Mar 21, 2007
    Feels like Mexico
    Abraded slide and no sights, $250 would be my max.

5. Bearlaker

Bearlaker

Oct 21, 2005
    Monroe, Utah
    Hell yeah buy it! Then you can sell it for a profit and buy a 19, LOL.
    eta
    OK, didn't read your entire post,, you might not sell it for a profit, but stock sights are cheap.

6. Chrisdsm22

Chrisdsm22

Aug 31, 2011
    Utah
    Okay, thanks everyone for the input.

7. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    If all that is needed is some sights and if you were planning on doing something to the slide that that would cause it to need to be refinished then it might be a deal at less than his asking price. On the other hand at his price and then having the slide refinished to me that's close to (or maybe past) the cost of a new one.

8. michael e

michael e

Nov 20, 2010
    Would have to seen in person to really know. But I would talk down on price, sights are cheap even if go with nite sites .

9. There's a $200 Glock right there

10. tuf8seconds

tuf8seconds TEXAS COWBOY

Sep 1, 2010
    TEXAS/FL
    Your post brings a small town in Texas to mind.....El "PASS-O"

11. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

Jul 22, 2011
    NE Oklahoma
    Wont glock refinish a slide for like $45?

12. MinnesnowtaWild

MinnesnowtaWild

Dec 26, 2011
    Meh...I dunno about that. You can get a nice Glock 26 Gen3 used in the $400 range. I guess it just depends on if you are strictly going to use it as a beater every day carry gun or not.

For me, I like my guns to look good. So this would be a deal breaker for me. I would save up instead for a nicer one. But that's just me.

Maybe haggle on the price?