close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

To Become A Life Member or Not??

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by mike from philly, Mar 20, 2005.

1. mike from philly

mike from philly

UGH - my head is going to explode.

I'm trying to decide if a life membership is worthwhile, especially since we have a tight window of opportunity. Any ideas on what basis I should consider.

My big thought is that a life membership is worth it if I'll be shooting in 10 years. I'm not sure that I will, which is why I'm leaning against doing the Life Membership.

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Mike, in addition to supporting GSSF, you will save some money in the long run. Lifetime Dues, once paid, never increase. You'll get a special hat & certificate, and never have to remember to pay your dues again. I went lifetime after my first GSSF match in May 1999. Don't know if I'll live long enough to gain on my investment, but it has paid for itself in the pleasure found in making friends at GSSF events.

3. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Mike;

Think possitive. I became a life member 5 years ago, I am now 63 and plan on getting my fair share. Life is great.;c ;c ;c

4. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

Why do you think you won't be shooting in ten years? Have you lost interest in it?

I'd buy a life membership but me and Mrs. Gribble are saving up for a duplex. Spending the money on practice ammo and the related expenses for a match is painful for me at this point, so a life membership is really low on my list of priorities!

5. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

I became a life member in 2000 and I plan on getting my moneys worth;) and I have met some of the finest people you could ask to ever meet at these GSSF events;f! Like Coach said " it has paid for itself in the pleasure found in making friends at GSSF events."

Dan:cool:

6. GJM89

GJM89

DEJ, you made me blush, please next time tell me in private, I am shy you know.;Q ;Q ;Q

7. Don At PC

You Shy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now there is something to drink to---------As a matter of fact I think I will. ;c ;c ;c ;f

8. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Now Glenn (with two ends) I thought EVERYONE knew that you where the SHY, QUITE type;Q ;Q ;Q ;P ;f However, I'll keep it to myself not tell a sole!;z

Dan:cool:

9. Ranger54

Ranger54

I just beat the April deadline and got my life. I am 57, don't shoot that great, dissapointed in losing Carrolton (I live in San Antonio), but still felt it was VERY much worth it. At $35 per year I get life back in just 7 years or so.

10. ede

ede Bama's Friend

called donna yesterday to upgrade to life time membership. i have been a memebr for several year and that money would of paid for the lifetime membership if i'd put it towards that.

11. mleeber

mleeber

I just upgraded too. Cashed in the remaing 4 years on my 5 year gig for a lifetime of fun and embarrasment. I sure hope that the new scoring rules are going to reduce the "Mikes" from 10 seconds to 3. Or maybe 1 free "Mike" at each stage to lifetime GSSF Members!!!!

12. Don At PC

;z ;z ;z ;z ;z ;z ;z Surely you jest. ;z ;z ;z ;z ;z

13. mike from philly

mike from philly

I pulled the trigger and sent my life membership money in.

I like alot of the changes (closer targets, RANDOM DRAWING FOR PRIZES, lower penalties) so I'm planning to shoot more GSSF.

Other than my marriage to the ever patient and lovely wife, I haven't made any other commitments for life.

14. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

We did the same here and went with the Family plan, Hang in there Mike :)