close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

TN law clarification

Discussion in 'Volunteer Glockers' started by Indy_Guy_77, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Hello everyone,

I will soon be taking a couple of 'road trips' to your fine state from up in Hoosier country and would like, if possible, a little clarification.

According to Packing.org, I read that it is unlawful to carry a handgun (concealed, of course) inside an establishment that sells alcohol for consumption on the premisis.

The way I understand this, then, is that most all restaurants are verboten to carry, right?

Also, anyone know of any ranges/shops in the Chattanooga/Cleveland area?

Thanks in advance for words of wisdom.

-J-

2. f3joel

f3joel

Oct 31, 2006
    TN
    can't help you with any ranges in that area but i can confirm the no carry in any place that sells alcohol for consumption. it really sucks but hopefully we can get it changed.

3. So I guess I can bring my 'heater' with me into Starbucks or to Mom & Pop's restaurant on the corner... But I can't at Applebee's. Makes sense to me! :upeyes:

Thanks!

-J-

4. Akita

Akita gone

Jul 22, 2002
    Theres lots of dry places in TN and thus 'dry' restaurants there. Just ask if they serve alcohol before entering if you are unsure. And remember to look for any posting of prohibitions that individual businesses may do. If there's no alcohol and no prohibiting signs, carry away.

5. Zak3056

Zak3056 NRA Life Member

Jul 29, 2001
    Greeneville, TN
    In general, you shouldn't have to ask if the establishment serves alcohol--they are supposed to post signs to the effect that it is unlawful to carry weapons, yadda yadda yadda.

The signage is standard and consists of red text on a white background--if posted, you shouldn't miss it.