close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tlr 1 or 3

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 800mZero, Feb 7, 2012.

1. 800mZero

800mZero

Trying to decide on a light for my g23. What do you guys run? I like the little tlr-3 but have read about some breakage issues (generally found on XD's).

The tlr-1 is a house of a light for the money, but its a little long for the g23.

Looking for advice.

2. Jokerpro

Jokerpro

Not to persuade you one way or the other but I literally just mailed my TLR-3 pack to Streamlight two hours ago because one of the rails cracked and wont stay on the gun now. It was on my Glock 30SF and I didn't think that it was on that tight. I think that I am going to sell it when I get it back and buy a TLR-1 or 2.

3. FriscoCHL

FriscoCHL

I have a TLR-1 on my 19 and have never had any problems with it being to long or other wise. the lense does get kinda dirty with extented range trips. but for the light output with the C4 LED you cant beat it for the $$$. plus the new modle TLR-1S has a strobe feature. the only thing i would change is i wish it was rechargable instead of those high dollar batteries...

[​IMG]

4. Cowboy1629

Cowboy1629

I have the TLR-1 and like it real well. I purchased it for my G21. Might not look as proportioned on the G23 but it still works well there too.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Vanilla-gorilla

Vanilla-gorilla Registered Noob

Got both myself and my vote is for the tlr-1.

6. stratjb

stratjb

I had a two week old tlr-3 burn out or have some kind of bulb problem. Took it back to where I bought it and they sent it back to Streamlight. 3 weeks turn around and they just called and Streamlight sent a brand new one back for me.

At least they have a great warranty.

7. WayaX

WayaX Lifetime Member

My first TLR-3 cracked during installation. I sent it back and they sent me another one. The second one ended up down range when it cracked during a range session.

Long story short. I'm probably only going to use surefire from now on.

8. FiremanMike

FiremanMike Way too busy

Fwiw, the tlr-3 sits too far forward on a glock rail to be usable by my trigger finger. With a pic rail it'd probably work just fine. I have a tlr-1 and love it..

9. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

10. 800mZero

800mZero

Thanks for the info guys--just placed an order for a tlr-1. The big decider was the cracked frames of the 3 --and the battery. It uses the same battery as my ar light.

11. coonracing18

coonracing18

tlr-3 for my Gen4 G23..that is all...tried both made the choice..never looked back..hands down best light ive ever used...i gave the tlr-1 away..ya..gave it away!