close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Tito's a wuss

Discussion in 'The Martial Arts Forum' started by Halojumper, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Halojumper

Halojumper

Mar 18, 2005
    Aurora, CO
    Did anybody catch that show on Spike last night where Tito challenged Dana White to a sparring match then wussed out on it?
    Dana trained up for several months and had to fight with the boxing commission to get a license to fight, then he totally blew off the weigh in, and consequently the fight. First, in my opinion, it was in bad taste to make the challenge in the first place, but he made himself look even worse by not following through one it had been accepted.

2. FortyCaliber

FortyCaliber 10millimember

May 23, 2002
    Southeastern PA
    Thanks for the update, Halo!

I fell asleep after the first hour, so I never got to see how it ended.

3. Halojumper

Halojumper

Mar 18, 2005
    Aurora, CO
    Yeah, you didn't miss much. I stayed with it, hoping they would actually fight.

4. FortyCaliber

FortyCaliber 10millimember

May 23, 2002
    Southeastern PA
    I didn't miss seeing Melvin Guillard get put to sleep on Fight Night Live, though!

...and it was spectacular!

5. gr81disp

gr81disp Bushbot v1.0

Sep 19, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Not a publicity stunt, because there is NO WAY the UFC would piss off the state athletic commission like that. Tito refused to fight because he wasn't getting paid. The proceeds were going to go to charity.

Also, Guillard lost twice. First from Stevenson, then from the drug test (coke).

6. Gonetodarkside

Gonetodarkside owl protector

Feb 7, 2006
    man failing a drug test for coke is pretty bad, seeing as it only takes a couple of days to get it out of your system.

7. walangkatapat

walangkatapat Millennium Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Orygun
    More air time for the UFC, good or bad I aint buying that it wasn't a stunt.