close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Title and Description for Ca. Forum

Discussion in 'Clubhouse Office' started by Wulfenite, May 18, 2004.

1. Wulfenite

Wulfenite The King

I've started this thread to serve as a forum to propose and slect a name and description for the California forum.

I'd appreciate it if we could limit response in this thread to those that signed up for the fourm.

My first idea was to name the forum California Raiders. This name to honor the various Raider organizations formed during WWII that operated behind enemy lines (not the football team).

For a description... "A Forum to discuss and ask questions about the unique Laws and RKBA issues of the Golden State. A place for California GT'ers to trade info on the best places to shoot, meet, eat, and enjoy life in spite of them."

Discuss, Suggest, Come up with somthing totall different.....

2. A good start. I was thinking we might want something about it also being a place where non-Californians can learn the truth about life as a shooter in the Golden State. Too many myths out there.

3. gudel

gudel

Jun 1, 2001
    when you say CA Raiders, first impression is the Oakland Raiders, not the WWII people.

4. Patricia

Patricia Wild at heart Millennium Member CLM

Apr 5, 1999
    Flagstaff, AZ
    When you come up with a few suggestions, I can start a poll for you all if you like. Just let me know. :)

5. You're probably right. We could go really basic with something like "California Glockers." Or get some alliteration going with something like "Golden State Glockers."

Just throwing it out there...

6. AAshooter

AAshooter

Nov 1, 2000
    Kalifornia
    I would avoid the use of Raiders, 49ers, etc.

How about the California Shakers?

Or, Golden State Shakers?

7. JinLA

JinLA

Oct 30, 2003
    The Left Coast
    GSG
    Golden State Glockers

Has a nice ring to it. ;f

8. Wulfenite

Wulfenite The King

The thought occurred to me too but I liked the symbology enough to suggest it.

Actually my first though was California Viva La Resistance! but I found the french connection more objectional than the Oakland one.

California Glockers and Golden State Glockers also occured to me. Certianly there's nothing objectional about either but I figured we could come up with somthing more snazzy.

9. Eins36

Eins36 World Citizen

It does! GSG9, if you know what I mean :)

10. Eins36

Eins36 World Citizen

You want snazzy?

What are we packing? Heat!

What state is this all about? California!

What better name for a GT club name than

CALIFORNIA HEAT

11. gudel

gudel

Jun 1, 2001
    hmm GSG, sounds too german. aren't those the people who didn't support our president? nothing to be proud about that, along with the french

12. AAshooter

AAshooter

Nov 1, 2000
    Kalifornia
    I like it.

13. trruuck

trruuck www.odmp.org

Nov 24, 2003
    California
  14. proguncali

proguncali 1911-2004 CLM

Mar 14, 2002
    At your Mom's
    California heat is pretty good....

Or we could just call it ProGunCali. ;f ;f ;f

For the description we could go with

"On lockdown" ;e

15. trruuck

trruuck www.odmp.org

Nov 24, 2003
    California
    ^6 ;D ~2

16. ET3Brents

ET3Brents

May 2, 2004
    San Diego, CA
    How bout something simple, like just 'California Glockers'. I'm sure there are a lot of people who don't even know what state is the 'Golden state' (including myself, and I'm living here!) The name doesn't need to be all snazzy, just the discussion.

17. I like California Heat except it sounds like a basketball team to me. I would vote for Golden State Glockers because it does say who we are. Most people seeing the name could figure out what we are about and stay away unless they have something to contribute. I already know most of the bad things about California so don't need outsiders reminding me. I am conservative enough to want to not shorten California in any title. I think it is demeaning to our state.

I got no response on shooting on Thursdays or Mustang Range. Anyone interested?

18. I just read, again, the post above mine above. I like California Glockers for the same reasons listed above.

19. Some random info about your home state.

Admitted: September 9, 1850 (31st State)
    Area: 163,707 sq.mi (3rd)
    State Bird: California Valley Quail
    State Flower: California Poppy
    State Motto: Eureka (I have found it)
    State Nickname: Golden State
    Population: 33,871,648 (1st, 12/00)
    State Trees: Redwood & Sequoia

20. Patricia

Patricia Wild at heart Millennium Member CLM

Apr 5, 1999
    Flagstaff, AZ
    When you all reach some type of decision, someone send me a PM in case I forget to check here. :)