close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

timeline from finals to awards

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by MajorD, Sep 3, 2011.

1. MajorD

MajorD

typically how long does it take from after the finals are posted until awards come in the mail?
    Looking forward to a couple new glocks!:cool:

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Prizes are normally mailed or shipped within 24 hours of the finals being posted. If you receive a pistol certificate, allow 8 to 12 weeks after receipt of your properly filled out paperwork for Glock to ship your pistol. If you select a popular pistol and Glock has ample inventory, then the wait is short. If you select a pistol that is out of stock, then the wait is long. Don't start calling GSSF about a pistol until the 12 weeks have lapsed.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2011

3. mike g35

mike g35

That was very informative and a good thing to know. Thanks, good question and answer.

4. MajorD

MajorD

hope to see it in the mail in next few days- finals were posted about 10 days ago

5. CUTigers2002

CUTigers2002

My Gen 4 17 took the full 12 weeks to ship to my FFL. I won at Griffen GA this year, and could have shot the pistol at Dawsonville, GA had I wanted to. Hope this helps.

6. rabump199

rabump199

I shot in Fulton, got a random knife award, thanks for the information. I was wondering also how long it took to get them. I will let you know when I receive it.

7. MajorD

MajorD

I'm not talking about getting the gun after ordering- I'm talknig about the awards showing up in the mail after finals posted. My FFL who is a large stocking dealer if you come in with the certificate will give you a gun in stock and re-order to restock,so you get the gun right away

8. CUTigers2002

CUTigers2002

oh....I think it took about 2 weeks to get the certificate in mail. As busy as they are now, it may take a little longer, though.

9. MajorD

MajorD

thanks for the replies- hope to see the goods soon. Talked to some other friends who won stuff in the same match- they haven't gooten anything yet either.

10. Team Chuck Norris

Team Chuck Norris

This is not correct.

Glock in GA does not have an inventory. Glock does not have a vast quantity of guns just waiting to be shipped when an order comes in.

To say otherwise is either negligently or intentionally misleading.

Glock has told me that Glock does production runs of no less than 600 guns. The GSSF certificate will be honored when Glock does a production run of that model. "Popularity" of a model is not correct. How often Glock does a production run of that particular model determines, to an extent, when the gun will be shipped. On the other hand, if Glock is fulfilling a large department or foreign order, then all of a particularly "popular" model will be already taken. There is some randomness to the process as more "popular" models can sometimes be harder to obtain.

11. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

Actually, you are both right.

People need to remember that Glock is a manufacturer.

They are neither a wholesaler nor a retailer. Therefore they cannot operate in the manner of either a wholesaler nor a retailer.

People lose sight of this point because most people deal most often with retailers. Seldom with wholesalers, and perhaps never with manufacturers.

They expect Glock to operate like a retailer, when Glock is neither set up to operate like, nor are they much inclined to operate like, a retailer.

People are used to getting on the internet with someone like, say, Midway.com, ordering online, paying with a credit card, and having their order in hand in a week.

A retailer like Midway is set up to do that. A manufacturer like Glock is not. And never will be.

Glock builds guns according to the orders they have. Which orders come mostly from large wholesalers and some governmental agencies.

The only retail operations that buy guns directly from Glock, cutting out the wholesalers and buying at better than wholesale prices, are the Glock Law Enforcement dealers. For the privilege, the LE Dealers agree to sell only to select customers, such as Law Enforcement Officers, so as to not undercut the normal wholesale/retail market.

The GSSF award guns are as close as Glock gets to a direct retail sales transaction.

But to actually get the gun itself, the GSSF member runs into the fact that Glock is a manufacturer and not a retailer.

Glock does not make a production run of any given model of less than 500 guns of that model. They also do not build "extra" guns just to keep them in inventory, awaiting orders for them. Including orders from GSSF members.

Glock waits on a run of a given model until they have enough orders in hand for a particular model to justify a production run, then manufacturethat production run and ship the guns. They seldom keep much in unsold inventory.

If the GSSF member orders one of the more popular models, like G-19's, G-17's and the like, their order is more likely to ship sooner rather than later as it is mixed in amongst the large orders Glock is getting for that model from the wholesalers. :supergrin:

If they order something with low demand from the wholesalers, they are likely to ship later rather than sooner. :crying:

If someone orders something like, say, a G-31C, they might luck out and happen to catch an unallocated model 31C that Glock does happen to have on the shelf. :supergrin:

If Glock does not have a 31C on the shelf, the member may have to wait forever and a day before Glock gets enough orders in for a production run on that model. :faint:

Moral is, if you want your Glock award sooner :supergrin: rather than later :crying: order one of the more popular models.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  12. CUTigers2002

CUTigers2002

Very insightful. Perhaps this thread should become a sticky?