close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Time to do a whole lotta nothing!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Algaroth, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Algaroth

Algaroth GADM \m/

I had my last 2 remaining wisdom teeth removed yesterday, so now I'm on quarters and enjoying this Friday off. The wife and kiddo left for Georgia this morning to see our families, so now I've got the whole place to myself for the next few days. Just me and the cats. :cool:

This weekend calls for prescribed hydrocodone (don't worry, I'm not a pillhead), lots of guitar playing, video games, and a whole lot of nothing. It's gonna be great. By the time she gets back, I'm not gonna know how to act!

2. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Its nice just to stay home and chill sometimes. Turn on the tube or spend the weekend finishing a game like a kid again. Good times. :wavey:

:50cal:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012

3. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

You will seem like a genius on the guitar this weekend. You aren't, but on the pills, you will be amazing. LOL

Ditto for video games. Alas, the scores you look at on Monday will bely your weekend success.

4. Dan_ntx

Dan_ntx

I had my wisdom teeth removed a few month back... You should be fine, I had enough complications for both everyone. It was 6 weeks before I could eat without feeling like I just got beat up.
    Follow the post proceedure instructions carefully... I can tell you what happens when you don't .

5. Algaroth

Algaroth GADM \m/

Haha. This weekend I'm going to record a song from Soulcalibur IV (video game, for those who don't know). I spent last weekend transcribing it into GuitarPro in a 4-guitar arrangement, so this weekend I'm gonna record it all and see how it turns out. It'll be pretty fun. Dennis, maybe the hydrocodone will help me get it down perfect! I guess we'll see.

TSA - I agree... it's nice to have a break once in a while, in a relationship. My wife and I don't have any problems, and we're quite happy, but it's definitely healthy to just have a breather every now and then. I'm a firm believer of some mandatory, occasional "me-time". She is too.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  6. Algaroth

Algaroth GADM \m/

Oh yeah, I know. I had my two right ones removed last year when I was in AIT. The other side came out yesterday. Here it is, the morning after, and I'm actually in very little pain. Jaw is sore, of course, and it's hard to eat, but there's no extreme pain like there was yesterday. I'm still taking the meds as prescribed to recover properly, of course. After a hydrocodone/tylenol and ibuprofen, I'm feeling pretty good right now. They put me on a no-PT profile for next week also, so I'm taking it easy. But I'll recover well, like I did last time.

The only thing that sucks about having the Army pull wisdom teeth - you're awake for the whole thing!