close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Time to disembark on that grand adventure...

Discussion in 'The Martial Arts Forum' started by Cmoosh, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Cmoosh

Cmoosh Nothing here :D

Oct 18, 2005
    Texas
    ...searching for a good martial arts dojo...

If anyone knows of any resources to help me find dojo's in deep south texas, around the mcallen/pharr area. Or know of any instructors down here who you know in particular to not be...egotistical self promoting mcdojo bottom feeders...as i have already met plenty so far, especially some dudes at a tae kwon do place who seemed to have a power trip for picking on the beginners (that was around a year ago, don't even think that place is still open anymore...wonder why ;Q ).

I will be taking the advice i saw on the forum to look for a place i am comfortable in, as well as having roundeyesamuriai's trusty list at hand.

Edit: AUGH...i forgot to mention some acutally mentioned they were assisted by "psychic mediums"...this is going to take a while...

2. Roundeyesamurai

Roundeyesamurai Sensei Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Upstate New York
    Well, there's "Master Zamora's Kung Fu/Krav Maga/F.I.S.T" in McAllen... Borowitz' Black Belt Academy... ;i

How far are you from Mission? There's a halfway decent aikido school there: http://www.aiki.us/acst/

3. Cmoosh

Cmoosh Nothing here :D

Oct 18, 2005
    Texas
    not to far i live in edinburg, but i can drive a bit farther just to get a decent school...i woudl rather pay a little extra on gas and get a nice instructor then get one next door and be stuck with some egotistical instructor who just gets his kicks off of hitting people :p (seen it...)

4. ShootNMove

ShootNMove concealed

Oct 6, 2005
    Corpus Area, TX
    Where is Edinburg?

Roundeye, we may know some of the same ppl if you're familiar with the south Texas area...

Also if you're Navy in upstate NY..(NPTU?)

5. Roundeyesamurai

Roundeyesamurai Sensei Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Upstate New York
    LOL No, I USED to be in the Navy (a LONG time ago).

I only know a few instructors in Texas, and just from meeting them at seminars, etc.