close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Time for Shield Part 2!

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Shipwreck-The-Sequel, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Shipwreck-The-Sequel

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
    Expand Collapse
    Beretta 92 Nut!

FINALLY, FINALLY, FINALLY got my second 9mm Shield. Been looking for 2 months now..

FINALLY!

Selling my PX4 to cover the cost... Officially taking a hiatus from gun buying now. Been buying for years. Now, gonna start taking some vacations... Obviously, keeping my Beretta 92s, though, and my pair of PS90s :)

I have some sort of complex with having multiples of the same gun!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. hogship

hogship
    Expand Collapse
    It's MY Island

How hard is the safety to operate?

If I had a Shield, I'd think seriously about using the safety. The hinged trigger of the M&P series has serious flaws (IMHO), and I'd feel a bit more comfortable to carry the Shield with safety on........

ooc

3. Shipwreck-The-Sequel

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
    Expand Collapse
    Beretta 92 Nut!

I don't use it at all - and its small and out the way enough to not be moved accidentally. But if you want to - very easy to brush it up or down with the joint of your thumb if you wish

4. cowboy1964

cowboy1964
    Expand Collapse

The best spare parts collection is a 2nd gun!

5. bac1023

bac1023
    Expand Collapse

Congrats! :cool:

6. Shipwreck-The-Sequel

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
    Expand Collapse
    Beretta 92 Nut!

Sho nuff!

7. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean
    Expand Collapse

Congrats on #2! At least you've got another set of magazines to use with your first one :supergrin:

BTW, did you ever get your extra magazines from S&W yet? I've lost faith in them after waiting for this long...if I don't see anything in my mailbox by the end of the month, I think that I'll just call them to cancel my order.

Enjoy your new Shield!

8. Shipwreck-The-Sequel

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
    Expand Collapse
    Beretta 92 Nut!

No, I am STILL waiting for the mags. I called once and was told they were just working as fast as they could. 1.5 weeks ago, I called and had them specifically check my order... I'm still there - waiting...

I cvould have ordered them someplace else since then - but didn't cancel the S&W order, because I just figured it would be soon... But, still waitinh.

Can you believe I have 1250 rounds thru my first Shield with just the TWO magazines!

9. Bruce M

Bruce M
    Expand Collapse

It appears that some 9mm Shields are starting to get into the pipeline again. Out of curiosity (not that there is anything wrong with it) why did you decide on a second Shield?

10. Shipwreck-The-Sequel

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
    Expand Collapse
    Beretta 92 Nut!

I really, really like the gun. I tend to get multiples when I like something... Not a big polymer gun fan, so it is nice to find one I like.

11. 3rdgen40

3rdgen40
    Expand Collapse
    .45 fanatic

Congrats ship ! Mine wears the same "grip sleeve", but I reversed mine so the lines don't show.Great little guns.:cool:

12. DaBurna

DaBurna
    Expand Collapse

I ebayed and have 3 extra mags (2 8rounders/1 7rounder) shortly after getting mine in late April... They were about market priced at ~ $31/mag...

She's still flawless after about ~450 rounds... Looking at night sight options right now... I've read regular m&p truglo's fit with very little/ slight width "hangover" at the rear sight... Not very noticeable... Congrats dude! Have u shot a Shield .40 yet?

13. Shipwreck-The-Sequel

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
    Expand Collapse
    Beretta 92 Nut!

No, never shot a 40 Shield. I have only owned one 40 cal over all the years. A px4. It was my fav 40 cal I have ever shot (I have fired many). But, I personally do not really care for the 40 cal round. 9mm and 45 are my preference. And I sold all my 45 cal guns last year and have all 9mm

14. Shipwreck-The-Sequel

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
    Expand Collapse
    Beretta 92 Nut!

Damn, I never thought of that :faint:

15. DaBurna

DaBurna
    Expand Collapse

I can feel ya on that... I have .40's in G22, G23, & G27... But I shoot and carry my G19 & 26 a lot more these days. I was one of the guys who went out on a limb to say the Shield .40 would probably be a bit much in this slim/lightweight config.... I'd love to get a chance to test my theory in person. I love my Shield 9, it just WORKS!

16. 45caldan

45caldan
    Expand Collapse

Thinking very hard about getting one of these (or another small 9mm).
    Can you pocket carry these in cargo shorts?
    It looks too big for jeans pocket carry...

17. Shipwreck-The-Sequel

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
    Expand Collapse
    Beretta 92 Nut!

I have been pocket carrying my first one for 2 months now in cargo pants. So, it should work fine for you.

18. Bulletsrrfriend

Bulletsrrfriend
    Expand Collapse

I have had my M&P 40 Shield for around a month and a half and I am impressed with the lack of felt/perceived recoil. I have large hands and maybe it is because I can envelope more of the grip. I have read some other reviews and some say it is no worse than the 9mm and some say it is too much for such a slim gun. My daughters boyfriend has a G23 gen4 and it snaps more than the shield in my experience. Only bad thing is I don't think I am going to get to keep it, my daughter has pretty much taken a liking to it.

19. DougW

DougW
    Expand Collapse
    Native Texan

Dang, I'd like to find just one!

20. Shipwreck-The-Sequel

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
    Expand Collapse
    Beretta 92 Nut!

I hear ya. I lucked into the first one, but I have spent the last two months trying to track down the second. I am on the list at three different places, and have been looking all over for this second one... I went 90 minutes away to get this one