close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

timbersmith stocks&nhm90

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by buddah, Sep 28, 2011.

1. buddah

buddah

Oct 3, 2004
    Converting my NHM90 to 922r. Will timbersmith wood stocks fit my nhm? . Don't want to go ironwood designs because timbersmith is already finished.

2. mrmedina

mrmedina NRA Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Albuquerque,NM
    For technical questions call 800-554-1445 8am-4pm Mon-Fri or

Email us your question at: techquestions@tapco.com :wavey:

3. CarlosC

CarlosC AK Fanatic

Jan 4, 2000
    DFW area, TX
    And you don't want to try finishing an Ironwood stock? When you get them, they are ready for staining...I mean 100% ready. It's a lot easier than you think, even if you've never finished any wood...
    Ironwood before
    [​IMG]
    Ironwood after
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. buddah

buddah

Oct 3, 2004
    Ironwood=$130 plus shipping+cost of hardware+time and $ to stain wood.
    Timbersmith=$125 shipped, includes all hardware, already stained.
    From what I am seeing on various internet webpages, I have to do alittle filing on the timbersmith due to the MAK 90 having a 1.5mm receiver. The only PITA part will be the hanguard. Will need to do some sanding on the inside to make it fit. Got my dremel ready.

5. buddah

buddah

Oct 3, 2004
    FYI- finally did the full 922R compliance thing to my NHM90. The tapco/timbersmith brown laminate wood stock fit perfectly, no mods needed. Just a very slight gap that is hardly noticeable. The only pain in the butt was the lower handguard which required lots of sanding and some trimming. Also cut notch in safety lever to hold bolt open.