close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Tidewater Shotgun Ranges??

Discussion in 'Glockers of the Old Dominion' started by MD2010, Feb 26, 2007.

1. MD2010

MD2010

Feb 17, 2007
    Norfolk, VA
    I read through the range listings at the top and didn't see any ranges listed that would allow shotguns in the Tidewater area other than the LaFayette Gun Club which is a little far for me to drive (I live in downtown Norfolk). Does anyone know of any places closer to Norfolk (preferably that aren't going to require big membership dues or a drawn out application process) that allows shotguns?

2. ottobon100

ottobon100

Oct 30, 2002
    Virginia
    Give A&P Arms a call over off of Lynnhaven Parkway. Their outdoor range isn't any closer to Norfolk for you but I do believe they still allow shotgun shooting at that range. That's the only place I know of where you don't have to be a member. I would imagine Chesapeake and VA Beach have some fairly remote hunting areas away from homes that would be legal to shoot a shotgun but you'd have to ask others about that. Again not close.

3. Gregw/aGlock

Gregw/aGlock NRA Member

Jan 18, 2005
    Virginia Beach
    You can also check out the range at Camp Allen. Very nice range there and I know they allow shotguns (I've shot 12 gauge slugs there several times). I've been told that it is open to the public...it'd be worth a call.

http://www.mccscampallen.com/shooting_range.htm

4. ottobon100

ottobon100

Oct 30, 2002
    Virginia
    It isn't open to the public. I shoot there as well but I am retired military. Yes, I would suggest you call first.

5. B-train

B-train

Feb 24, 2007
    Chesapeake VA
    You can shoot shotguns at Lynnhaven

Camp Allen was closed last week. Might want to call to see if it has re-openned.

b

6. Gregw/aGlock

Gregw/aGlock NRA Member

Jan 18, 2005
    Virginia Beach
    You're correct - it is only open to military, retirees, and government workers. But hey, in this area, that covers an awful lot of folks....

7. MD2010

MD2010

Feb 17, 2007
    Norfolk, VA
    Thanks for the info, folks, i appreciate it!