close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Thursday Night Storms

Discussion in 'Grand Canyon Glockers' started by B. Somm, Aug 31, 2008.

1. B. Somm

B. Somm Lady B/Team OAF Millennium Member CLM

Anybody get hit with those bad storms Thursday night?

The bulk of them missed my house and I got less than a 1/10" in the rain guage, but I was able to see some of it from work at 61ave & Mcdowell area.

Got a nice rain shower yesterday afternoon around 3ish! At least I don't have to water my trees this weekend since Mother Nature did it for me! :thumbsup:

B. :wavey:

2. glock45acp21

glock45acp21

May 10, 2004
    Glendale, AZ
    My buddy's neighborhood (7th and Thomas) got hit really hard and a lot of people there lost power with downed power lines and all. He and I cleaned up a few trees on August 30th, 2008. Good thing that the City of Phoenix is going to have a second bulk trash pick up in that area.

3. Zonny

Zonny

Apr 22, 2006
    Tempe, Arizona
    B. I'm in Tempe and had no damage here but I drove to my Brother's yesterday (37th St. just south of Camelback) and saw several huge downed trees on the way. 40th Street from McDowell to Camelback was a mess. He said they had 1.5 inches of rain there.

I guess I lucked out.

4. glock45acp21

glock45acp21

May 10, 2004
    Glendale, AZ
    I guess part of the light rail in Tempe or Mesa got hit really heard, but that's only what I hard.

5. B. Somm

B. Somm Lady B/Team OAF Millennium Member CLM

Glad everyone is ok! Hopefully the clean up won't take long. The news showed an apartment complex at 7st & Thomas that was still without power and the residents were having problems with their management company. They also had a huge tree still laying across one of the buildings. Makes me glad that I have my own place!

B. :faint:

6. alphabavo

alphabavo NRA Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Phoenix, Az
    I got hit pretty hard. Took several hours with a chainsaw and an arborist to get things straightened out. Things are still kind of a mess.

7. Azjeeper

Azjeeper

May 28, 2007
    im in mesa alma school and baseline we got it pretty bad