Thursday Night Storms

Discussion in 'Grand Canyon Glockers' started by B. Somm, Aug 31, 2008.

1. B. Somm

B. Somm Lady B/Team OAF
    Millennium Member CLM

Anybody get hit with those bad storms Thursday night?

The bulk of them missed my house and I got less than a 1/10" in the rain guage, but I was able to see some of it from work at 61ave & Mcdowell area.

Got a nice rain shower yesterday afternoon around 3ish! At least I don't have to water my trees this weekend since Mother Nature did it for me! :thumbsup:

B. :wavey:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. My buddy's neighborhood (7th and Thomas) got hit really hard and a lot of people there lost power with downed power lines and all. He and I cleaned up a few trees on August 30th, 2008. Good thing that the City of Phoenix is going to have a second bulk trash pick up in that area.

3. B. I'm in Tempe and had no damage here but I drove to my Brother's yesterday (37th St. just south of Camelback) and saw several huge downed trees on the way. 40th Street from McDowell to Camelback was a mess. He said they had 1.5 inches of rain there.

I guess I lucked out.

4. I guess part of the light rail in Tempe or Mesa got hit really heard, but that's only what I hard.

5. B. Somm

B. Somm Lady B/Team OAF
    Millennium Member CLM

Glad everyone is ok! Hopefully the clean up won't take long. The news showed an apartment complex at 7st & Thomas that was still without power and the residents were having problems with their management company. They also had a huge tree still laying across one of the buildings. Makes me glad that I have my own place!

B. :faint:

6. alphabavo

alphabavo NRA Member

I got hit pretty hard. Took several hours with a chainsaw and an arborist to get things straightened out. Things are still kind of a mess.

7. im in mesa alma school and baseline we got it pretty bad