close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Thunderbird won't get mail

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by kimo, May 6, 2009.

1. I've been using thunderbird for email and it has been working fine, till yesterday.

All of a sudden, I can't receive mail. I can send but not receive. I checked the account settings and it all looks fine...no changes.

When I open the program or ask it to get mail, at the bottom bar...where activity is shown on the left side, where you can watch it check your various accounts, I merely see connected to (accnt name) and it just hangs there, no sign of movement.

I did a reinstall but it still is doing this. Any idea why? (I didn't delete TB for the reinstall for fear I would lose all my email files)

2. srhoades

srhoades

Jul 14, 2000
    Perhaps your ISP or host is having issues, have you contacted them?

3. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    Thats what I would think.. I'm no sure why you formatted, unless it was just "time"...

4. MavsX

MavsX The Dude Abides

Jan 19, 2009
    Arlington, VA
    is it working now ?

5. still not working. Can't figure it out. I can get to my email accounts on the server through my provider but thunderbird won't download the emails. Funny thing is, I have thunderbird on my home computer and its working fine.

6. MavsX

MavsX The Dude Abides

Jan 19, 2009
    Arlington, VA
  7. KharToon

KharToon

Nov 2, 2007
    Yup, what are you using for antivirus software and does it have a firewall? unblock SMTP perhaps.