close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Thunderbird "Wine"

Discussion in 'The Lighter Side' started by tantone56, Jan 5, 2009.

1. tantone56

tantone56 Love my G23!!!

Sep 30, 2008
    Toms River NJ
    My buddies and I are trying to get our hands on some Thunderbird Wine. We are attempting to sample all of the "bum drinks" on the market. I have had a hell of a time finding Thunderbird in my area, and actually need to take a trip to the ghetto tomorrow. Anyone have fond memories of Thunderbird, or any insight into this drink?

2. FLGUY

FLGUY Guest

OMG! T-Bird! I haven't heard that mentioned in almost 40 years. You just brought back some fond old memories from my misbegotten youth. In high school we had this old black bum that used to buy us all the T-Bird we could drink (and Colt 45 too). Good old T-Bird, 50 cents a pint and best drunk out of a small brown paper bag tightly wound around the bottle.

Many a night my buds and I blew chunks from over indulging in T-Bird. So sickening sweet but damn, you could get blasted real quick from that cheap pint. When the store was out of T-Bird, our bum would get us Night-Train. Another disgustingly sweet syrupy rot gut wine that would provide a dizzying array of hallucinations.

Yeah, high school in 1960's New Jersey. :rofl:

3. pupcuss27

pupcuss27 CLM

May 13, 2007
    INDY, USA
    Hey tantone56, don't forget to pick up a few more staples for your soiree...

Maddog 20-20

Richard's Wild Irish Rose

and for the (for lightweight's)

Boone's Farm

T.J. Swan

:upeyes: <-- Should be a purple face guy here :rofl:

4. uzimon

uzimon team ftp

Jul 11, 2007
    Tomball,tx
    i was up in dc, there was a wine called SUPERDUDE 44:rofl:

5. tantone56

tantone56 Love my G23!!!

Sep 30, 2008
    Toms River NJ
    We already had the Maddog. It was a farce considering how they only use 13% now instead of the original 18%. Boones Farm is only 7%, so we passed on that. So far we had the Maddog and Cisco. Cisco put us on our asses in a matter of an hour. I have drank many bottles of hard stuff before, but nothing compares to my experience with 18% 750ml Strawberry Cisco. I went from thinking I had been screwed on out of three bucks, to seeing double vision in a matter of seconds. There has to be something more in that drink then just alcohol! Growing up, my father always spoke of Thunderbird, so I am very excited to test it out. The second poster pretty much described the same experiences my father had with the drink as a young man. Love hearing the stories! Keep them coming.

6. GWSHARK

GWSHARK BITEYAHEADOFF

Feb 12, 2002
    QUARREL REEF
    I think/thought they still sell it at 7Elevens around here.

Tell ya what... I'll send you a bottle of thunderbird.... you send me a bottle of Hennessey XO. :cool:

7. tantone56

tantone56 Love my G23!!!

Sep 30, 2008
    Toms River NJ
    [​IMG]

I found it today!!! I was almost jumped by some very angry people while I was on my way into the store. You know you are in the hood when someone asks you if you need any needles.

8. [FONT=tahoma,arial,verdana,geneva,helvetica,sans-serif]What's the word? - Thunderbird - How's it sold? - Good and cold - What's the jive? - Bird's alive - What's the price? - Thirty twice.

I've shared a bottle or two of Tbird wine with friends... But that was in my wild youth. I don't think I'd want to drink any more of it.

Check out these videos..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xY7mBQrzXU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTDEpSYD25M

If you can't find a bottle to try watch this instead...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iGr51zHdHw
    [/FONT]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  9. tc2

tc2

Jul 2, 2008
    What's the word ? Thunderbird

What's the reason? It's the season

What's the price? two bits twice

What's the cause? Just because

10. Oh the sweet memories - NOT.

In any case I have a bottle that was given to me, I hope as a joke, when I retired in 1980. I wonder what it would taste like today?

11. jtull7

jtull7 Pistolero CLM

Jan 27, 2006
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    In high school in Lubbock, Texas, we were sophisticated enough to drink orange vodka.

Puked my guts out several times.

12. RDW

RDW BTDT

Mar 12, 2003
    PRK
    When I was in Jr. in High School helping my girlfriend baby sit; I drank 2 1/2 bottles in an hour and a half. Can't even look a a bottle of it with out gagging.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  13. 5madman2

5madman2

Sep 9, 2005
    San Antonio TX
  14. jp_72

jp_72 Thor's Hammer

Apr 3, 2005
    South Dakota
    Lime vodka, orange juice and 7-up. OMFG, the horror!

15. edbird45

edbird45

Jun 19, 2002
    S. Florida
    Pupcuss knows his standard wino drinks.

When I was in college in the 1970's in Greenwich Village my roommate/best friend worked nights in a liquor store on 8th Street. He knew every local wino by name and what they drank. They all came in and paid for their Tbird or MD2020 or Wild Irish Rose with nickels and pennies they'd bummed on the street. I spent many an evening keeping him company and learned a few things about these guys.....I remember their misshapen hands and fingers (dirty, too) holding those coins they paid with....

Ah, memories!!!! Yikes.

16. TexasFats

TexasFats NRA, TSRA, SAF

Sep 14, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Among the things that I drank during my misspent youth was "Choc" beer--a disgusting home made concoction fermented from raisins and potatoes. I remember that there was about an inch of sedament in each bottle. Also, once or twice I got ahold of some genuine SE Oklahoma Wildcat, a.k.a. moonshine whiskey. It was clear as water and burned like fire. It also tasted like gasoline and rubbing alcohol mixed. You knew that you had some good stuff if there were no 'possum hairs or oak leaves floating in it.