Glock Talk banner

throw them all out! thoughts?

9K views 32 replies 29 participants last post by  katana_user 
#1 ·
Your thoughts on the insider trading and totally corrupt government?

#2 ·
Government has been corrupt since the beginning. We simply have more readily available information with which to observe it. Internet, 24 hour news channels and partisan politics have made the government far more transparent than it's ever been.

I don't think they've changed much......I just think we're better educated now.

#3 ·
I am having a hard time with this. When a politition brings pork to my depressed area it feels pretty good and yet I know it is wrong. I am a true independant but I am thinking vote out all incumbents or put in a time limit to serve. I studied a couple of Senators and it is hard not to get bitter. One Senator from Nevada started his career with very little money and over his 30 years he has become a Multi Million aire. You can not save that kind of money on a Senators salary. Then when looking I found many IPO's were offered to legislators before the public and often the public didn't get to purchase any of the stock and it was often related to a recent vote or an upcoming vote on the industry that was offering the IPO. Pelossi ruling on legislation effecting a Bank her husband sits on the board.
These things make me believe we should vote the whole bunch out at least the lobbyists will have to start working harder to corrupt the new members of congress and the senate.
Regardless of your views just getting out and voting is a very good thing.
Respectfully,
Bill

#4 ·
Only problem with term limits, is that unless you also limit the time that staff can work on Capitol Hill, it will do very little. These members of congress have no idea what to do without staff telling them. Some of these staffers are there for 15-20-25 years. They really call the shots. Term limiting the members will only make the staffers more powerfull.

I think the answer is a part-time legislature.

#7 ·
Most politicians, including the potus and his appointees violate their oath of office, but their greed, arrogance and political leanings help them rational their traitorous behavior.

This country needs a reset button badly, before we become a third rate craphole.

Reactions: janice6
#8 ·
Reactions: Paul53
#10 ·
I want the canidates to have to sign a legal contract with the voters to get elected. A contract saying what they will and will not do in office. One that also waives certain legal rights, such as the FBI being able to search their offices, computers, whatever without warrents.

The first canidate that does this, will be elected.

#11 ·
I have never been more disgusted in my entire life than I am right now. The people we have placed into Washington, DC seem so out of touch with what "We the people" want and feel like they are there to further their own agenda. Our "Leaders" today act like if they make a memebr of the other party look bad, then they must look better. This county is on a slippery slope and quickly loosing it's footing. Without wholesale change this November, we are all in trouble.

Of the People, by the People and for the People.

#26 ·
I have never been more disgusted in my entire life than I am right now. The people we have placed into Washington, DC seem so out of touch with what "We the people" want and feel like they are there to further their own agenda. Our "Leaders" today act like if they make a memebr of the other party look bad, then they must look better. This county is on a slippery slope and quickly loosing it's footing. Without wholesale change this November, we are all in trouble.

Of the People, by the People and for the People.

They are there to "lead" and run the show, and we are here to finance them and that show...what else would they think after decades of people choosing to be dumb and unaware and allowing them to play their games...

While we can be disgusted about our government and politicians, it is us as a society that have allowed them to do it...

#12 ·
...or more opportunity to participate in it.,
Which reminds me of the "European way". Don't worry, looks like we are gettin' there.

#13 ·
I would like this but good luck getting anybody to agree. Everybody else's representative is ok, it's the others that need changing.

#15 · (Edited)
I think a constitutional amendment requiring term limits for ALL elected officials would go a long way toward solving the problem. That, and bringing our representatives back from D.C. for most of the year.

But the corruption is heavily entrenched, so none of those duche' bags are gonna vote to fire themselves, then they'd have to get real jobs, plus there are WAY to many perks to be had from the public coffers and lobbyists.:steamed:

#16 · (Edited)
OK, let's take an informal poll. Out of those who think we should throw the bums out, how many vote against the incumbents in every election? I'm talking about candidates for the US House of Representatives and the US Senate, known collectively as Congress.

We don't need statutory term limits -- we have the ballot box. It's pretty much our only power against these rascals, but they nullify it by buying our votes with our money.

I suspect that too many people say, "Yeah, Congress is corrupt, but our guy got us a new manufacturing plant, so I'm going to vote to re-elect him."

Or, "Well, I don't like my party's guy, but the other guy is worse, so I'll vote to keep our guy."

The only way to get their attention is to vote out a large number of these guys, repeatedly. Even if it means putting into office someone you despise. Un-elect our Congress!

-Mike

#17 · (Edited)
OK, let's take an informal poll. Out of those who think we should throw the bums out, how many vote against the incumbents in every election? I'm talking about candidates for the US House of Representatives and the US Senate, known collectively as Congress.

We don't need statutory term limits -- we have the ballot box. It's pretty much our only power against these rascals, but they nullify it by buying our votes with our money.

I suspect that too many people say, "Yeah, Congress is corrupt, but our guy got us a new manufacturing plant, so I'm going to vote to re-elect him."

Or, "Well, I don't like my party's guy, but the other guy is worse, so I'll vote to keep our guy."

The only way to get their attention is to vote out a large number of these guys, repeatedly. Even if it means putting into office someone you despise. Un-elect our Congress!

-Mike
I always vote against the incumbents if they have been in for more then two terms, even if I like them. In my state and local legislatures we have a super majority, and most of them are Republicans. Many state and local officials run unopposed, how are you supposed to vote them out when nobody runs against them? I write in somebody else, but what good's that gonna do? Plenty of corruption here too. Too many people think "my party is good, it's the other guys that are the crooks." I say any CAREER politician is a crook!

The biggest problem with the Congress and Senate is the fact that OUR TWO PARTY SYSTEM IS A SHAM! What choice is there really? Would you rather have a Giant Duche, or a Turd Sandwich? We'll get ****ed over by both in the end, one party might use Vaseline and **** us more gently, but they will both **** us over.
They are both "heavily entrenched oligarchy's with a vested interest in maintaining the status quot."

#19 ·
Name recognition carries a lot of weight when elections come about. People don't think of the times his or her representative's hand was caught in the cookie jar, all they remember is the name and they haven't got a clue who the other name on ballot belongs too.

Reactions: Paul53
#20 ·
I think we would be surprised to find that if we threw out all the incumbents, we would still have a huge corruption problem due to the beaurocrats. It must be a 100 beaurocrats to every one politician. The reset needs to account for this, not just the talking heads in washington.

#21 ·
Throw them out would not work, things would get right back to how they are now.

We are already a divided country and have been for a long time now, Obama`s lies did not fix the division, actually the Liar made things worse.

Divide the country in half, Build a wall, those that want to work and prosper on one side and Liberals on the other side, eventually, Liberals will all be living in mud-huts just like Obama`s brother.

Problem fixed.
:wavey:

#22 ·
Divide the country in half, Build a wall, those that want to work and prosper on one side and Liberals on the other side, eventually, Liberals will all be living in mud-huts just like Obama`s brother.

Problem fixed.
:wavey:
I like this. Can we give the "progressives" the northeast, like from Chicago and Detroit to Boston?

Reactions: janice6
#23 ·
Seal our borders, round up ALL illegals and chase them back to piss ant mexico or any other country they came from. They killed a 16 year old boy in Nixa MO yesterday. Stabbed him in the throat. Where is the outrage? Thousands of Americans killed every year by illegal scum. Fu-king goverment don't give a rats *** about us. But look at a illegal crossed eyed, and POS DOJ Holder screams RACIST WHITE MEN infringed that mexicans rights. What about the young combat Marine being held in mexico? Time to stop talking, and move on DC. I love our Consitution, NOT THE GOVERMENT.

#25 ·
I think we better throw them all out before we have to drag them all out. But I doubt it's gonna happen yet. Sorry to drag this up again after so long....it seems oddly appropriate this election season.

VooDoo

#27 ·
It is what it is. We need to get rid of all the liberals in order to improve things.

I saw a poll a while back that said that most people like their own representatives, but dislike all the others. That's just silly. People just want something to complain about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.