Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Threaded barrel + Compensator + recoil spring weight?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Polak, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Polak

Polak (pō'lāk')

Jan 13, 2008
    North Jersey
    I want to do something with my G22.

I'm thinking of a threaded barrel and compensator.

What spring weight should I get so it runs reliably? I shoot strictly 180gr bullets.

I'm also thinking of putting an RMR on it. Let me know what I should do to make the G22 reliable after modification.
  2. M 7

M 7

May 22, 2012
    Reminds me of that famous phrase, "Hey! Hold my beer and watch this!" :supergrin:

Now that I am done picking on you- you are probably going to have to experiment around with different recoil spring weights once you add the extra mass to the barrel. The RMR alons probably won't be a problem, but the total effect of all the modifications will likely require a slightly different spring weight (probably a little lighter).

Might wanna give the Wolff gunspring calibration packages a try. :dunno:
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012

3. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    You could probably use a lighter recoil spring, by a few pounds.
  4. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

Sep 20, 2003
    Penn's Woods
  5. Polak

Polak (pō'lāk')

Jan 13, 2008
    North Jersey
    Which compensator would be "flush" with the slide? I'm thinking of a 40-9 conversion barrel threaded to 1/2x28 and grip cut down to fit glock 19 mags.
  6. ede

ede Bama's Friend

Jun 25, 2004
    Common to run 135s in .40 with a comp, never see 180s. use a medium to slow powder to make the comp work, I like HS-6 and Power Pistol. Auto Comp is used a lot but I've never tried it. I'd guess a 11 to 14 pound spring would be a good place to start. If it were me I'd start with the 11 and make sure the gun runs then screw on the comp and tweek it.