Glock Talk banner

threaded barrel and can for a gen 4 G19

Tags
gen 4
4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  GiggleSmith 
#1 ·
So im finally ready to tackle the tax stamp and get my first suppressor, im looking for advice on which threaded barrel to get....lone wolf, storm lake, or aac is one better than the other or all about the same quality? also i know very little about the different brands of suppressors looking for one that is user friendly and will work well to lower the signature of my G19.....all input would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
Cool kids will say go Octane for it's versatility, the Osprey 9 is shorter, quieter, lighter, no need to clean it and gives better sight picture due to less of the van sticking out over the slide. If you truly desire a versatile can Griffin Rev 9 would be better than the Octane. Surefire Ryder 9 Ti looks promising, not out yet, thinner can so gives a similar sight picture advantage over the fat cans while providing Octane suppression levels (it's also lighter, around the same weight of the Osprey but about as long as the Octane).

So my preferences would be:

1. SUREFIRE Ryder 9 Ti (if you can wait a few weeks for it to hit dealers)
2. osprey 9 if you desire maximum sound suppression and carefree ownership
3. Griffin Rev 9 if you desire versatility
4. Octane 9 if you wanna buy what the cool kids buy (Silencerco is still a damn good company)

I'd stay away from the Tirant because AAC is part of freedom group and freedom group sucks, other fans aren't even worth mentioning.

Also note, Surefire X300 Ultra will not work with the Osprey & Glock combo due to its eccentric shape (deal breaker for some). Surefire Ryder 9 Ti will have 3 lug mount available in the future as well & the Griffin rev gives you the 3 lug mount shorter than the Octane configuration (along with K configuration).

#5 ·
There are several options these days for a threaded barrel. The major silencer makers all offer aftermarket barrels now. Gemtech, Silencerco, AAC, Lone Wolf, etc.

The best ones to own were the Glock factory threaded barrels from back in 2010. They were made for just the 17, 19, 21 with metric threads. No one knows for certain if they were subcontracted out, but they had the customary Glock factory logo and markings on them. Acusport was the main distributor. Suffice to say, only small batches were made and now they're literally impossible to find.

The NFA world is a whole other game. Extremely addicting, but loads of fun. Check out Silencershop to get an idea of the choices out there. I recommend getting the Silencerco Octane 45 to suppress all your centerfire pistols.

#7 ·
There are several options these days for a threaded barrel. The major silencer makers all offer aftermarket barrels now. Gemtech, Silencerco, AAC, Lone Wolf, etc.

The best ones to own were the Glock factory threaded barrels from back in 2010. They were made for just the 17, 19, 21 with metric threads. No one knows for certain if they were subcontracted out, but they had the customary Glock factory logo and markings on them. Acusport was the main distributor. Suffice to say, only small batches were made and now they're literally impossible to find.

The NFA world is a whole other game. Extremely addicting, but loads of fun. Check out Silencershop to get an idea of the choices out there. I recommend getting the Silencerco Octane 45 to suppress all your centerfire pistols.
what made the 2010 glock factory barrels better? seems like you can still get glock factory threaded barrels online (gunbroker, gemtech, etc.)

#9 ·
:( The people that made the threaded barrels for MY Glock went out of business. Pity, because I'd put it up against all but the Best made barrels today.

FAC, I think. I don't know how many rounds through them (One was without threads for LRN ammunition and Indoor Ranges). Over a decade and I can usually outshoot the average Weekend Shooter with them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.