Glock Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread to follow progress of manhunt in Southern California...

51K views 544 replies 127 participants last post by  dhoomonyou 
#1 ·
WARNING: If you post in this thread, and it is deemed your purpose is to disrupt the discussion, if you post off topic comments to incite other members, if there is the slightest hint of trolling, you will suffer consequences.

Read this post before proceeding: A post from Eric re: GNG & LE oriented topics...

This is an important topic to GT LE members.
Manhunt for ex LAPD Officer

Please post links to latest news updates.

Multi-state manhunt under way for ex-LAPD cop sought in killing of officer, 2 others

#53 ·
Quick update: I'm ok. It's a little hectic. Our Division is fully involved. Since the suspect is still outstanding, I am not at liberty to discuss our involvement. Suffice to say, I'm getting very little sleep. Hope to have more later.
Watch your ass, man, and good hunting.

#57 ·
Why do police think he may be in Arizona?

Something specific or just to kill leos at random?
I don't think anyone has been killed/shot at random. He published a list* of folks that he wants to go after, and it sounds like there have been a few moments of "opportunity" when he thought a few cops were close to him.

Regardless of how irrational his actions are, so far he seems to be behaving rationally within his own set of rules. Not randomly, I think, or there would be a lot more news of people hurt or killed.

Not that I have any insight, I'm just a keyboard commando. I'm not in that area, and I'm not LEO, so my opinions weigh very little.

For those who ARE involved, I'm not sure how you keep your head down AND on a swivel, but do your best to do both.

#58 ·
The fact is this guy has been pushed to the edge. He lost his LEO job. He lost his Navy reserve job. He also feels he was falsely accused of lying. So the three things that were apparently important or indispensable to him are gone. He has nothing else to live for.
I think those forced that caused his displacement from center to the "edge" where wholly internal. CLEARLY, he is grossly unbalanced. He has interpreted actions and statements that are made tens of thousands of times over daily to other people who don't decide the world is oblong and want to fix it.

Unfortunately, life is not like TV. We can't follow the script from "NCIS L.A." or CSI to catch this guy. Chances are, if he's not already seriously wounded or dead, he is going to cause some collateral damage and hurt before he is put down.

Guys, be alert.

#60 ·
I am not a fan of drones for "normal patrols", but this is not normal.

#65 ·
#66 ·
RIP to the fallen officer and prayers for full recovery for the others. Watch your backs. If it has gotten too hot at home and he has crossed state lines he may have abandoned his original plan and be out to cause as much mayhem as possible before he goes down.

#69 ·
Another bad part for LAPD, is there are no shortage of allies Dorner can employ. There are a lot of people who hate the police.

Hopefully, they can keep a hot trail on him. If the trail is lost and he is not found, it's going to be a long spring. Meanwhile, he can just sit back and laugh. The last known (published) sighting was quite a while ago.

#70 ·
In my completely inexpert opinion, it looks like a 9mm or .40, but definitely not a .22 if the coin really is 2" across.

5.56 mm? Without the coin's outside dimension, it's tough to determine. The oblong hit on the left looks like two rounds.

Call me cynical (last post for now) but I suspect he is getting help street side.
...or specific help to go underground for a while.... let the heat taper off and provide time to change his appearance.

HH

#71 ·
Call me cynical (last post for now) but I suspect he is getting help street side.
He has a cult following developing on the internet and this is probably going to be the case, if not already.

CNN just had comments from one of their journalists that "these things need to be talked about", referring to and giving credence to the ramblings in his manifesto.

#72 ·
CNN just had comments from one of their journalists that "these things need to be talked about", referring to and giving credence to the ramblings in his manifesto.
I absolutely, 100% agree with this.....

...that's what after-action reviews are for, and not a moment sooner.

#73 ·
5.56 mm? Without the coin's outside dimension, it's tough to determine. The oblong hit on the left looks like two rounds.
My estimates are based on what I know of these types of coins (my knowledge is military, not police) and the statement that Bill Bratton said about them, that the coins are usually 1.5 - 2 inches.

#74 ·
If what he claims is true (rampant open racism within the LAPD), it would have been public a long time ago. LAPD has a very large number of minority officers, supervisors and commanders. They wouldn't be sitting idly by when officers are acting the way Dorner claims. What I think happened is a couple off-color jokes (okay, pun slightly intended) that the "victims" were in on, and a willing part of because they aren't thinskinned crybabies. Dorner is a crybaby and an underperformer who couldn't handle streetwork, modern life and people wo don't fit his narrow definition of what they should be. He's also a documented, proven liar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.