Glock Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread to follow progress of manhunt in Southern California...

51K views 544 replies 127 participants last post by  dhoomonyou 
#1 ·
WARNING: If you post in this thread, and it is deemed your purpose is to disrupt the discussion, if you post off topic comments to incite other members, if there is the slightest hint of trolling, you will suffer consequences.

Read this post before proceeding: A post from Eric re: GNG & LE oriented topics...

This is an important topic to GT LE members.
Manhunt for ex LAPD Officer

Please post links to latest news updates.

Multi-state manhunt under way for ex-LAPD cop sought in killing of officer, 2 others

#27 ·
From what I gather, this is begin to sound like a case of of Bi-Polar Mall Ninja that actually slipped past LEO Pschy screening and popped a gasket. One bad scene.

#29 ·
It's sad the kind of support this d-bag is getting. Trending on twitter even! Maybe I should stay away from the internet....to many morons....

Be safe guys.....and try to bring him in alive. Don't let him become a martyr....

#30 ·
Got 3 calls in the morning and an email bulletin at work. Bad scene all around. Buddy was called up to take his unit to take part in the search after the morning briefing. Everyone was on edge but more so because this nutjob has openly threatened family members, which makes it that much more tense.

Hope they get him soon without any more good guys getting hurt.

#31 · (Edited)
I know everybody wants this guy gone, but I can't help but wonder if some have thought of not showing up for work to stay home and protect their families, especially those whose only means of protection is their duty weapon and may be a specific reason to be a target. I hope I'm wrong, and everybody is putting all efforts forward, but I've got to think it's crossed the minds of some.

If nothing else, I hope all the families have a plan, too. Seems nobody is safe out there.

Stay safe, be vigilant, and get this guy asap. I'm sending prayers out west.

#32 ·
I'll be the first to say it was very disconcerting to actually know how close this is getting to certain people I know as it has impacted quite a few agencies around the area in the SoCal counties, almost surreal. His manifesto declared total war on everyone and even though he is a nutjob, he said a lot of scary things which will make everyone look over their shoulders twice, because you just never know. Hope this ends soon.

#33 ·
We thought we may have been seeing the beginning of a similar situation as this. An officer on my shift had just resigned Monday in lieu of being terminated for various problems. While he was at IA, they asked him for his issued agency property, which included asking him if he had an issued AR-15, which he answered that he didn't. After checking the inventory which confirmed he did, IA contacted him today with a threat of criminal charges if he didn't turn it in. He turned it in with a loaded magazine and a round in the chamber. Hopefully, this is he end of his story.

Dorner, especially being an officer in the military as well as LAPD experience, is a force to be reckoned with. I believe the burned out vehicle is a decoy, and he is long gone from the area. I'm really happy the media is on this, hopefully putting far more eyes out there to help locate this idiot.

#34 ·
I know everybody wants this guy gone, but I can't help but wonder if some have thought of not showing up for work to stay home and protect their families, especially those whose only means of protection is their duty weapon and may be a specific reason to be a target. I hope I'm wrong, and everybody is putting all efforts forward, but I've got to think it's crossed the minds of some.

If nothing else, I hope all the families have a plan, too. Seems nobody is safe out there.

Stay safe, be vigilant, and get this guy asap. I'm sending prayers out west.
A good leader/boss would tell those directly named in this "manifesto" to stay home and protect their home and family. Screw the job, screw the manhunt. Protect home. Call in guys on overtime to fill the void those guys would leave on shift. I know if I was called to overtime so a coworker could stay home to protect his family, I would be in my car minutes after I hung up the phone.

#35 ·
I'll be the first to say it was very disconcerting to actually know how close this is getting to certain people I know as it has impacted quite a few agencies around the area in the SoCal counties, almost surreal. His manifesto declared total war on everyone and even though he is a nutjob, he said a lot of scary things which will make everyone look over their shoulders twice, because you just never know. Hope this ends soon.
I can't imagine how tense things must be out there. Stay alert, stay alive and watch your back.

#36 ·
A good leader/boss would tell those directly named in this "manifesto" to stay home and protect their home and family. Screw the job, screw the manhunt. Protect home. Call in guys on overtime to fill the void those guys would leave on shift. I know if I was called to overtime so a coworker could stay home to protect his family, I would be in my car minutes after I hung up the phone.
An even better boss would say that they are on duty, assigned to foot patrol at their own residence until further notice.

#37 ·
Gotta agree with you.

His actions remind us how easy it is (Newtown, DC snipers, Cho) for one or two people to totally change the fabric of our normalcy, and why it is our collective responsibility to keep society in order.

Apologies if I sound like a communist, but living in a community requires effort on everyone's part. Too many people that I know (not LE) in CA think this is purely an internal police issue.

#38 · (Edited)
I hope it's not a long list. If in fact this man went "postal", He thinks he is restoring balance to the universe. I don't think he has considered how his actions will eventually be viewed. Sometimes a person just can't walk away. My Grandfather's brother John, a father and former sailor. He couldn't just walk away when three related co-workers tried to get him to quit a good job in Minnesota around 1948, to make room for another new family member. They made the final fatal mistake of pissing in his lunchbox. John brought his rifle to work the next day, and finished the out of control behaivor for good. The adults never talked about John. We just assumed the worst. That he had commited suacide. The guns aren't the problem.

#39 ·
I read his "manifesto" last night. IF you were to believe the specifics of the incidents (e.g., officer kicks suspect in the head), how does a person attempt to rationalize murder? It's a rhetorical question...just pointing out that this guy has really lost it.

Ironically, he goes through great lengths in an attempt to demonstrate that his actions are justified because his "name" has been tarnished...while at one time, he worked in LE where often times people attempt to justify their actions for similar reasons - e.g., gang-related activities.

Hopefully he gets caught before he does more harm; however I expect this is going to take some time. He obviously wanted the truck found, and he knows about the tactics of the people that he has triggered to hunt him.

#44 ·
I read his "manifesto" last night. IF you were to believe the specifics of the incidents (e.g., officer kicks suspect in the head), how does a person attempt to rationalize murder? It's a rhetorical question...just pointing out that this guy has really lost it.

Ironically, he goes through great lengths in an attempt to demonstrate that his actions are justified because his "name" has been tarnished...while at one time, he worked in LE where often times people attempt to justify their actions for similar reasons - e.g., gang-related activities.

Hopefully he gets caught before he does more harm; however I expect this is going to take some time. He obviously wanted the truck found, and he knows about the tactics of the people that he has triggered to hunt him.
The fact is this guy has been pushed to the edge. He lost his LEO job. He lost his Navy reserve job. He also feels he was falsely accused of lying. So the three things that were apparently important or indispensable to him are gone. He has nothing else to live for.

#45 ·
Quick update: I'm ok. It's a little hectic. Our Division is fully involved. Since the suspect is still outstanding, I am not at liberty to discuss our involvement. Suffice to say, I'm getting very little sleep. Hope to have more later.

#46 ·
Quick update: I'm ok. It's a little hectic. Our Division is fully involved. Since the suspect is still outstanding, I am not at liberty to discuss our involvement. Suffice to say, I'm getting very little sleep. Hope to have more later.
Thank you for the work you do. My prayers are with all the officers in Southern California. I went to college with 4-5 outstanding guys who are now LAPD and 1-2 who are now LASD.

#47 ·
Or volunteer to be assigned as extra help for those directly threatened. Departments can survive shagging calls for service, being a couple of people down.

This guy is a greater threat to the general public. If he is hunting LEO's what is to stop him from killing a citizen who he thinks has spotted him?

#49 ·
An even better boss would say that they are on duty, assigned to foot patrol at their own residence until further notice.
LAPD foot patrol requires the wearing of the Class A hat, but no appointment.:whistling:

Okay, just trying to bring a bit of levity.:embarassed:

I would definitely not be getting out of my patrol car without a long gun.

Sent from my Federation issued communicator.
This guy supposedly owns multiple AR type weapons, silencers, and a Barrett BMG, plus whatever else he has gotten along the way, plus he's got nothing to lose. How do you even guard against something like that... man... the only thing that would work now is I am hoping all the luck in the world and God almighty himself protects all those out there.

#50 ·
I don't know that there's an easy way to guard against the threat, short of holing up in a bunker or going out of town to visit family in the next state.

But, and I'm sure this is being done since LAPD isn't exactly known for standing idly by, we need to put this idiot on the defensive. Send teams of officers out to actively hunt for him. Start putting pressure on him by any means, and I'm sure the press releases are only one tool being used. Plaster his face up on every TV screen and internet news site out there. Put his name out on the radio, and start offering a decent reward for someone who turns him in.

In short, make it hard for him to hide, or to get support from others. As I said, I'm sure LAPD has already implemented this strategy - and we don't need to know what they're doing. But, the best way to defend against a guy like this, is to put him on the defensive. Actively hunt this SOB down, and put him in the ground as you would a rabid dog.

Good luck, and may God be watching over our brethren and their families - especially now.

#51 ·
LAPD foot patrol requires the wearing of the Class A hat, but no appointment.:whistling:
Given the situation, the policy should immediately be revised to substitute the Class A hat for a level IIIA or better helmet.

:supergrin:

Stay safe, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.