Glock Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread to follow progress of manhunt in Southern California...

51K views 544 replies 127 participants last post by  dhoomonyou 
#1 ·
WARNING: If you post in this thread, and it is deemed your purpose is to disrupt the discussion, if you post off topic comments to incite other members, if there is the slightest hint of trolling, you will suffer consequences.

Read this post before proceeding: A post from Eric re: GNG & LE oriented topics...

This is an important topic to GT LE members.
Manhunt for ex LAPD Officer

Please post links to latest news updates.

Multi-state manhunt under way for ex-LAPD cop sought in killing of officer, 2 others

#404 · (Edited)
Am I the only one who heard on the San Bernardino County Sheriff Sysyem police scanner 2 officers talking and one said he "can see blood splatter and mattress against the wall" and the other officer said "ok were gonna burn it as planned". This was 15 mins before the media had any video or commentary on a fire. I also heard a woman dispatcher say "the furnace was in place at the front door"..
Be careful/certain what you're listening to, because reports from about an hour, 90 mins before you posted this were saying the police/sheriffs/LEO in the area were shutting down the informatio that scanners would pick up.

#408 ·
Hope they got him. It's a shame that another Officer fell at the hands of this clown

#409 ·
CNN is reporting that authorities are confirming the body of Dorner has been removed from the cabin.

#410 ·
Be careful/certain what you're listening to, because reports from about an hour, 90 mins before you posted this were saying the police/sheriffs/LEO in the area were shutting down the informatio that scanners would pick up.
While I agree to be careful, I'm certain what I heard was the San Bernadino Sheriff's Dept. That was the last transmission before their channel was shut down. 15 mins later, after some media recaps the house was shown fully engulfed.

#411 ·
While I agree to be careful, I'm certain what I heard was the San Bernadino Sheriff's Dept. That was the last transmission before their channel was shut down. 15 mins later, after some media recaps the house was shown fully engulfed.
CS munitions are of two types. The heat-producing variety are called "burners" in some places.

#415 ·
I posted this in the shootout thread, in regards to the fire, and believe it should be posted here for any of the conspiracy theorists...

Legally speaking It doesn't really matter if the fire started because cops pumped CS canisters and flashbangs in the house, or if they doused it in gas and lit a match themselves.

He murdered at least 5 people. The cops had been in a sustained gunfight with him, he was reasonably believed to be in possession of a .50 cal rifle, and was a continuing threat.

Deadly force is deadly force. If its authorized, it doesn't matter if you use a hammer, a handgun, or a house fire.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

#416 ·
LAPD is now saying no body has been recovered/identified at this point.

#418 ·
LAPD is now saying no body has been recovered/identified at this point.
Recovered, yes. Identified, no.

That's what I got.

#419 ·
The Tin foil types are going to have a field day.
PS
I hope he's dead.
If the guy was as slick as reported he may not be dead. :embarassed:He may come back like a zombie..just like the movies. e really won't know for at least a week.

#420 ·
If the guy was as slick as reported he may not be dead. :embarassed:He may come back like a zombie..just like the movies. e really won't know for at least a week.
Who reported how slick he was? Oh, that's right, he did.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 2

#421 ·
Am I the only one who heard on the San Bernardino County Sheriff Sysyem police scanner 2 officers talking and one said he "can see blood splatter and mattress against the wall" and the other officer said "ok were gonna burn it as planned". This was 15 mins before the media had any video or commentary on a fire. I also heard a woman dispatcher say "the furnace was in place at the front door"..
Scanner recording here, clearly showing the cops intentionally started the fire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCdqybEfy9w&feature=player_embedded#!

Regardless of what you feel about Dorner, we can not allow the rule of law to be pushed aside whenever it is expedient, particularly when that power is in the hands of the gov't. That's how this country got into the mess it's in now.

#422 ·
Scanner recording here, clearly showing the cops intentionally started the fire.

Regardless of what you feel about Dorner, we can not allow the rule of law to be pushed aside whenever it is expedient, particularly when that power is in the hands of the gov't. That's how this country got into the mess it's in now.
You're insane if you think police shouldn't be allowed to answer deadly force with deadly force.

Even if they did intend to burn him alive, why is that worse than a sniper bullet to the head?

#423 · (Edited)

Yea they should allow him to use a 50 cal rifle and keep murdering people till he runs out of ammo right? Do you understand what a deadly force situation is? Do you understand what a sustained gun battle is? What a murderer armed to the teeth and who is also trained happens to be?

The only reason this is even being discussed is so this can be dragged out in the media for the next year or two and how all the bleeding hearts can cry about something new.

This man was a murdering POS that was involved in an active gun battle with police and the police were taking causalities. If it had been civilians with pitchforks and torches we would not be discussing rule of law...

#424 ·

"copy, seven (7) burners deployed and we have a fire"

Is that what you're referring to?

If I'm not mistaken a burner is also some type of CS gas? As someone else noted here, a better expert can speak on this.

#425 ·
"Hey you in the house shooting our cops over here with that rifle! We are sure gonna use the legal system on you when you run out of ammo!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.