close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Thread to follow progress of manhunt in Southern California...

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by RussP, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney
    Expand Collapse

To some degree we will never know what set him off but I have seen people who were pushed and pushed and then they admitted to wanting to kill but never did it. Just wanting to kill does not mean "mental illness". It means that the person was "f'ed" with. He may have run out of money and that was the trigger to push him into despair. We also know that governments are not honest and they will not truly tell the truth in dealing with personnel matters regardless of the person's skin color. In some ways I think he is already dead and that he committed suicide but that is just from reviewing similar typed events. I just hope they find his body alive or dead soon.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. AZson

AZson
    Expand Collapse

I'm still perplexed by the reason he was fired? He filed a false report about a fellow police officer? I'm just thinking

3. countrygun

countrygun
    Expand Collapse

So, you don't think his current behavior is a bit out of line for every fired cop? Maybe, and I am just guessing here, his actions might have indicated that he didn't exactly have "the right stuff" to be doing the job. IIRC I think I heard he was still on probation when he was terminated, ad the probationary period is just for that evaluation process.

4. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me
    Expand Collapse
    Semper Paratus

Most LE agnecies have a zero tolerance for lying in official investigations or about anything duty related.

5. Southswede

Southswede
    Expand Collapse

Tom Clancy already has the book out.....

6. lawman800

lawman800
    Expand Collapse
    Juris Glocktor

CA has its DOJ with an investigative arm as well as other investigative agencies, but those are all over the place. CA has a lot of peace officer designations such as Dept. of Corporations, Elder Abuse, Welfare Fraud, Insurance, Real Estate, etc., all has their own investigation arm with peace officers.

We have our BNE (CA's DEA) and ABC (CA's Alcohol Control), but no CBI. Not sure who from the state is doing this, might be CHP's investigation arm or DOJ. Who knows.

Yes, crazy knows no colors.

LAPD's process is more intense than the state standard minimum but people can get through anything that is run by humans.

7. Dukeboy01

Dukeboy01
    Expand Collapse
    Pretty Ladies!

You think that someone in law enforcement who was caught filing a false official report should have been retained? It's an ethical issue.

8. L-1

L-1
    Expand Collapse

Yep, you get fired for that in a heartbeat. It’s due to a court case known as Brady v. Maryland, 373 U.S. 83 (1963).

In that decision, the court ruled that an accused is entitled to be made aware of all exculpatory evidence that might help their case. This court also ruled that knowing a witness officer has a history of official dishonesty is exculpatory and defense counsel must be provided with this information.

Defense counsel may then question the officers in open court as to the circumstances under which they were previously dishonest. This calls their credibility into question, making them worthless as a witness. If you are worthless as a witness, you can no longer function effectively as a police officer and are terminated.

To get a better idea as to when you can lie and when you can’t, take a look at http://www.policechiefmagazine.org/...n=display_arch&article_id=118&issue_id=102003

9. Morris

Morris
    Expand Collapse
    CLM

Cops who get "Brady'd" in our area are quickly sent away. Our chief made it clear that any officer caught in a Brady situation will be quickly dismissed.

10. Osborne

Osborne
    Expand Collapse

OK, so if this is domestic terrorism, then why isn't the Fort Hood shooting that happened a few years back domestic terrorism? That's something I don't understand....

Are they just throwing around the word terrorism now?

#290 Osborne, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  11. RyanBDawg

RyanBDawg
    Expand Collapse

That's exactly what they are doing.

They didn't call that terrorism because we wouldn't dare call out a Muslim, especially an American one.

AR-15 owners are a much more "terrorist" possibility to the criminals who occupy D.C. than avowed Al-Queda sympathizers are.

In all honesty, if the LAPD finds this guy hiding out with sympathizers somewhere in the So. Cal area and wind up killing everyone, the 92 riots will pale in comparison.

I wouldn't want to be in LA if that happens.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

#291 RyanBDawg, Feb 11, 2013
  12. Osborne

Osborne
    Expand Collapse

I don't see how killing two cops is terrorism, it's definitely not right and this guy should get what he deserves but why isnt every gang in cal considered terrorists? I hate these double standards. Shouldn't every gang that kills an officer be considered terrorist? And have trigger happy police and drone operators after them? I honestly think they should.

And sending drones after him? I bet they don't do that after every fallen officer. Something tells me there's more to this and they want this guy dead to cover their asses I guarantee he won't be taken alive.

#292 Osborne, Feb 11, 2013
  13. RyanBDawg

RyanBDawg
    Expand Collapse

Because gang members are just poor victims of the system. It's not their fault, it's society's fault..

Someone who dares question the system, now that's a terrorist.

Yep, the LAPD is out for an execution, they have made that very clear.

#293 RyanBDawg, Feb 11, 2013
  14. Osborne

Osborne
    Expand Collapse

It's no wonder this country is going down the toilet.....Sorry edited the post and added more during your reply.

15. Ohio Cop

Ohio Cop
    Expand Collapse

16. Osborne

Osborne
    Expand Collapse

Can you explain it then?

17. Ohio Cop

Ohio Cop
    Expand Collapse

Totality of circumstances.

Killing two cops, the manifesto and wreaking havoc on innocent people is good enough to be classified as terrorism.

18. Mr T

Mr T
    Expand Collapse

I do not remotely work in the judicial system, but,to ALL you LEO's out there. I'm sure you have heard it a hundred, if not a thousand times, but I am grateful for what you folks do everyday. I thank you as I would thank our service men and women, you guys are called to do no less than they. I have travel to many countries and I am proud to say that our LEO's are probably some of the most highly trained and professional men and women in the world. You guys will get that broke dick dog, rest assured, there is no doubt in my mind. Again, thank you for your service.

19. RyanBDawg

RyanBDawg
    Expand Collapse

No he can't.

I would elaborate but the thread would be closed, and I would either be banned or suspended for a while.

It's been made abundantly clear to me that free speech doesn't fly on Cop Talk.

You can PM me if you wish to have an uncensored conversation on the topic.

20. WarCry

WarCry
    Expand Collapse

Are you being intentionally obtuse? You're talking about the two officers, but what about the girl and her fiance over last weekend? Are they just "random casualties", even though he SPECIFICALLY NAMED targets and their families, and the followed through with it?

This is NOT just about two officers that got shot - though they count, too! No, this is about a guy that's "calling his shots" and then taking those shots.

I can't believe how hard that seems to be for some folks to understand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.