Glock Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread to follow progress of manhunt in Southern California...

51K views 544 replies 127 participants last post by  dhoomonyou 
#1 ·
WARNING: If you post in this thread, and it is deemed your purpose is to disrupt the discussion, if you post off topic comments to incite other members, if there is the slightest hint of trolling, you will suffer consequences.

Read this post before proceeding: A post from Eric re: GNG & LE oriented topics...

This is an important topic to GT LE members.
Manhunt for ex LAPD Officer

Please post links to latest news updates.

Multi-state manhunt under way for ex-LAPD cop sought in killing of officer, 2 others

#328 ·
#331 ·
OK, so if this is domestic terrorism, then why isn't the Fort Hood shooting that happened a few years back domestic terrorism? That's something I don't understand....

Are they just throwing around the word terrorism now?
That is THE PROBLEM!!! That murderous act, had it occurred at a United States Embassy, would have been declared an act of terrorism (after a few days:whistling:).

Understanding why it is not labeled terrorism, that's a very appropriate discussion topic for Political Issues, not for Cop Talk.

Thanks for pointing that out, JDO.

#332 ·
It really is domestic terrorism, an individual whose terrorist activities are directed at elements of our government or population without foreign direction.

In this case, personal revenge is the motivation according to what he wrote. Clear his name and the killing stops is the same as holding hostages wanting to exchange them for something or someone of value. Only the hostage is an element of the executive branch of the State of California, City of Los Angeles and related organizations and agencies.

I'm wondering, since he has been labeled a domestic terrorist would he be a legit target under the new ROE if a drone was able to find him? I wouldn't lose any sleep over it but it does raise some interesting questions.

#334 · (Edited)
I'm wondering, since he has been labeled a domestic terrorist would he be a legit target under the new ROE if a drone was able to find him? I wouldn't lose any sleep over it but it does raise some interesting questions.
Media has what is call a style book, where you call things PC Names to make everyone feel good.:rofl:

People who want abortion, or are for abortion are called Pro Choice, NOT NON PC Pro Abortion as an Abortion is a Choice.:cool:

:steamed::steamed:To label this fellow, "a domestic terrorist" would not be PC, plus he is a minority, and being so deserves special privledges because I am sure some relative was in some time long ago wronged, or was an indentured servant or slave.:steamed::steamed:

#335 ·
I can't agree that this is terrorism. It's threats, made to a specific group of people, some of which he made good on. There is no political, economic, or religious motivation behind his actions, just good, old fashioned revenge (albeit unjustified).

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
He seems to mention a lot of progressive heroes in his manifesto. He has set the cities on edge so yeah I can see how it could be domestic terrorism. Regardless if it is or not, a rabid dog needs to be put down.

#337 ·
Thank you so much for that input......

Yes the input is real, the mail stream media do use style books to make everything PC, offending as few as possible, and not PC in my world, but I still like thing the way there were in the 1950's, and 1960's.

#339 ·
To some degree we will never know what set him off but I have seen people who were pushed and pushed and then they admitted to wanting to kill but never did it. Just wanting to kill does not mean "mental illness". It means that the person was "f'ed" with. He may have run out of money and that was the trigger to push him into despair. We also know that governments are not honest and they will not truly tell the truth in dealing with personnel matters regardless of the person's skin color. In some ways I think he is already dead and that he committed suicide but that is just from reviewing similar typed events. I just hope they find his body alive or dead soon.
Agreed!

#340 ·
Media has what is call a style book, where you call things PC Names to make everyone feel good.:rofl:

People who want abortion, or are for abortion are called Pro Choice, NOT NON PC Pro Abortion as an Abortion is a Choice.:cool:

:steamed::steamed:To label this fellow, "a domestic terrorist" would not be PC, plus he is a minority, and being so deserves special privledges because I am sure some relative was in some time long ago wronged, or was an indentured servant or slave.:steamed::steamed:
The press may not be, the LAPD on the other hand ...

This is an act, make no mistake about it, of domestic terrorism,” said LAPD Chief Charlie Beck, who said the bounty was the largest in the history of Los Angeles.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...topher-donner-article-1.1260030#ixzz2KhwzuBxm

#342 ·
There were signs, assuming he is not lying in his rant.

He is violent in situations that don't call for violence:

(1) In first grade he kicked and punched another for calling him the N-word. And he continued the same violence through high school. Yeah, a physical reaction would be very understandable, but this shows a pattern.

(2) While in the academy, in a large van, 2 other officers (cadets?) were talking about (N-word)s. Dorner told them to stop, and they responded they would do it whenever they liked. (They apparently were not referring to Dorner.)

According to Dorner, he went over the front seat, and other officers, to grab the offending idiot by the throat, leading to what sounds like a mêlée in the van.
(He says he should have just shot him in the head.)

This second thing, if true, shows a worsening pattern of violence and the lack of self control, and maybe even the thoughts of committing murder.

Inappropriate behavior in that setting - there are others ways of dealing with it. Especially when still in the Academy.

At this point, assuming all is true, I would have dismissed Dorner from the Academy, and black-balled him from law enforcement. He did not have sufficient self-control to handle life as a street cop. (And taken serious action against the other two, up to dismissal, depending on what actually was being said.)

His actions now bear that opinion out.
This is a cultural issue. Minorities and White people see racism differently. Being call an N****r is to black people is some of the most disrepectful things you can do. You may not feel that the violence was called for but a lot of black people would disagree. If you had called someone a n****r in my old neighborhood, you getting an ass kicking was the least of your concerns.

It also shows you the amount of racism that minorities have to deal with. People think just because America voted in a black president racism is over. Minorities know different. Also, it is unrealistic to think that there was no corruption or racism in any PD.

#343 ·
This is a cultural issue. Minorities and White people see racism differently. Being call an N****r is to black people is some of the most disrepectful things you can do. You may not feel that the violence was called for but a lot of black people would disagree. If you had called someone a n****r in my old neighborhood, you getting an ass kicking was the least of your concerns.

It also shows you the amount of racism that minorities have to deal with. People think just because America voted in a black president racism is over. Minorities know different. Also, it is unrealistic to think that there was no corruption or racism in any PD.
So, if you show the bottom of your shoe to a Muslim, they are justified in beating you up?

#344 · (Edited)
So, if you show the bottom of your shoe to a Muslim, they are justified in beating you up?

I don't know if showing them the bottom of your shoe has a similar meaning and history as the N-word. But if it does....probably so. You ask a Muslim how he feels about it after you do it. If in 30 seconds you're still standing upright it may not bother him. If he knocks you on your behind you know not to do it again.

Show people the respect you'd want and you wouldn't have to worry about it.

#345 · (Edited)

I don't know if showing them the bottom of your shoe has a similar meaning and history as the N-word. But if it does....probably so. You ask a Muslim how he feels about it after you do it. If in 30 seconds you're still standing upright it may not bother him. If he knocks you on your behind you know not to do it again.

Show people the respect you'd want and you wouldn't have to worry about it.
Guys, I think this is getting a little, teeny, tiny bit too far afield...

:wavey:

#346 ·
hes had help to get out of the country...

i mentioned in other threads that he will cross into mexico and come back when he wants to.
That's impossible. Our borders are locked up tighter than madonna's chastity belt.

Oh, wait........

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

#349 ·
#350 ·
Generally a good idea, unless you come across somebody who's looking to be offended. :dunno:
True. We have Rev. Jackson and Sharpton that have made a career out of it. Thing is the reason that they have a career in the first place is that they didn't have far to look.

Using a word knowing how it effects a group of people, you have to know that you are going to get a reaction out of them. There are consequences.

All I'm saying is that the incidents that was brought up about Dorner's past mean nothing except that he was unwilling to take abuse and mistreatment from anyone.

Like I said before, I'm not justifying what he has done but there was a whole lot that could have been done to prevent this.

#351 ·
Feinstein and Boxer Ask Californians to Lay Down Their Weapons During Statewide Manhunt

(PP)- As an ex-Los Angeles police officer killed three people and went on a deadly shooting rampage in a vendetta to punish those he attributed for his firing, California Senators Dianne Feinstein and Barbara Boxer pleaded for calm, and asked both law enforcement and civilians to lay down their weapons.

http://www.palookavillepost.com/201...-down-their-weapons-during-statewide-manhunt/

All I have to say is wow! This almost seems like an article from the Onion. This can't be real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.