Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Thread to follow progress of manhunt in Southern California...

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by RussP, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nikerret

nikerret Mr. Awesome

Mar 29, 2005
    I'm not. More US citizens hate the US government than ever before. This guy declared war on a very public figure of said government; albiet, a local government department. He's really the only one running and gunning publicly, as so many wish to see. He's not their ideal idol, but they see the choice as support him or the current government.

Add to that he is African American, that alone will garner most of the African American support; see Obama elections.
  2. Sharkey

Nov 21, 2006
    DFW, TX
    Well you got a point there.

3. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Mar 26, 2003

Not sure where the confusion lies. The dude is an Oblamer supporter. Of Oblamer had a son... :tbo:
  4. CAcop

Jul 21, 2002
    I figured that is why they scaled back their search. No point in looking when you won't find him until the snow melts.
  5. Tony641

Aug 6, 2011
    Has anyone heard what they found when they searched his residence? I'm just currious if they found his firearms or if they were all gone. Did he take them all with him and hide them about preparing for whatever he plans on doing or does he just have the ones that he had with him. That might show what kind of plan and how far ahead he thought.
    If this was already mentioned I appologize, I'm out in my car and cant sit at this spot long enough to read all the comments.
  6. dbcooper

Mar 2, 2011
    I can't imagine the guy not having another vehicle ready for when he dumped his truck. Keep your heads down folks.
  7. vettely

Nov 28, 2006
    Truck was ditched due to mechanical failure. Something about a broken axel. At that point I think what little he had of a plan went south.
  8. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

The consent decree is over. Now we have other agencies under it, and even the State DOJ is getting into it with their own state consent decrees. Forgot which agency got unlucky.

Wonder how much is that going to be after CA's massive taxes?:whistling:

This guy, if he is as trained as everyone thinks he is, will have his logistics figured out. He won't think for a second he can do this while lugging his whole arms cache around by himself and still take on the LAPD and allied agencies.

Scary thought.

He's no Rambo. Rambo fights hundreds out in the open. This guy is more like the sneaky Viet Cong that sneak attacks innocents and uses Hanoi Jane (MSM) for propaganda.

You really have no clue... zero. Maybe even negative points.:upeyes:

What context are you talking about? You bet I lie to suspects all the time. How many undercover operations do you think will last more than a few minutes without cops being able to lie?

I won't lie under oath and in reports though.

We can all hope.

Sad statement to make, but I will not argue with you on race being a factor. However, the extent of it may be in dispute. Supporting Obama and supporting this guy is a little different.

Actually... I'm surprised Obama didn't tell everyone if he had an ex-cop/ex-Navy murderer son, he would look just like Charles Dorner.:supergrin:
  9. indigent

indigent Bamboozled

Jul 2, 2005
    Broken Axel huh

10. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Maybe it's this one?

11. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    Oh SNAP!!!!! :rofl:
  12. Marlowe

Dec 10, 2009
    Ventura County, CA
    Gallium, thanks for the introduction! Good to know who's who in the zoo!
  13. Marlowe

Dec 10, 2009
    Ventura County, CA
    That's the worrisome can't rule that out that he had or acquired other transportation, so the hunt continues.

The impact on local police agencies continues...everyone on an elevated alert level.

One thing I'd like to point out to those not from the LA area, often I see people referring to LAPD's search for the suspect. They are heavily involved, naturally...but so are many, many agencies. The incidents in which Dorner has figured cover numerous jurisidictions--

Big Bear isn't in the City of Los Angeles, for instance. So the Sheriff's Office there leads the search effort. Irvine PD has the lead on the double homicide in its city; Riverside PD on the murder of its officers; Corona PD on the shooting there; Torrance PD on the shootings there.

Federal agencies are supporting the effort as well...

So, no one agency is running the whole show.
  14. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    It really is domestic terrorism, an individual whose terrorist activities are directed at elements of our government or population without foreign direction.

In this case, personal revenge is the motivation according to what he wrote. Clear his name and the killing stops is the same as holding hostages wanting to exchange them for something or someone of value. Only the hostage is an element of the executive branch of the State of California, City of Los Angeles and related organizations and agencies.
  15. RWBlue

Jan 24, 2004
    There is not one state or Fed agency to run the show?
  16. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Mar 26, 2003
    Now imagine three people, with any modicum of training who slipped across our southern border into the USA, drove 1000+ miles inland, acclimatized to the locality they are in for 18-24 months, built up a cache, only met face to face, planned extensively and decided to make a go at it in a place not as hardened as NYC or L.A.

**** like that keeps me up at night.
    1) From thinking about it and
    2) From figuring how I could make a really scary movie without giving anyone ideas.
  17. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Mar 26, 2003
    At some point I assume the FBI will become ring master, but at a more granular state each of those listed agencies will continue to push at their own levels while feeding into the feebs.

If memory serves me correct, does CA have something similiar to MN's BCI? CBI? (and no, this is not from TV :))
  18. golls17

golls17 Lifetime Newbie

Feb 3, 2009
    CHP? :whistling:
  19. ClydeG19

Oct 5, 2001
    I can't agree that this is terrorism. It's threats, made to a specific group of people, some of which he made good on. There is no political, economic, or religious motivation behind his actions, just good, old fashioned revenge (albeit unjustified).

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
  20. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Mar 26, 2003

:supergrin: Not CHP.

I think (actually assume :embarassed:) that the CBI is more geared towards this sort of thing than CHP is...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.