Thread to follow progress of manhunt in Southern California...

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by RussP, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haha.

Yea, right after you get suitcase nukes? Haha.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. txleapd

txleapd Hook 'Em Up

Your post here disturbs me.

You kind of sound like you're one of the people who sees this guy as a revolutionary. Like he's just fighting a corrupt system.

He lost that defense when he murdered the innocent child of the guy who defended him, and her fiancé. He's not fighting the system. He's murdering innocent people.

You might be able to make that argument if this was a case of injustice and he was only targeting the people who brought that injustice against him.

That's not even close to what's happening here. Your "come and take it" analogy in this case is nothing but tin foil hat wearing hyperbole.

The only evidence I've seen that there was any injustice, is his word. The question should be asking, is why you feel you the need to take the word of someone who has spilled the blood of innocents over the documented evidence (from multiple independent sources) that this guy didn't get a raw deal.

#222 txleapd, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  3. txleapd

txleapd Hook 'Em Up

Double post

#223 txleapd, Feb 11, 2013
  4. Patchman

Patchman Florist

:dunno:

5. golls17

golls17 Lifetime Newbie

I like the mentality, but a local resident with (likely) just a handgun vs. a trained ex-mil ex cop probably won't end well.

If the terrain is bad enough, wouldn't driving hard enough be able to do it? Seems if he really wanted to he could, especially if he knew it would be part of his plan on compromised the axle before hand. I don't know much about cars, and maybe I'm giving him too much credit, but it seems doable.

Again, maybe I'm giving too much credit towards him, but this might just be another diversion, axle and all. Regarding not being prepared for the elements, with 5 years to plan, even self-training would be a major advantage.

This is the first I saw anything that made me think something didn't go as planned since he left weapons behind.

Let's not mistake unstable with insane. Insane would be if what he truly believed was wrong. I think he knows what he's doing is wrong but has even said it's a "necessary evil." Somebody pushed to their limits, at the most extreme, will generally kill whoever is directly involved, as may more people in the immediate area as they can, then confronted, kills themselves. This guy is driven on emotion and is unstable.

6. golls17

golls17 Lifetime Newbie

Let's not forget, chances are NOBODY knows where he is, which I think still gives him a huge advantage. Best case scenario he's cornered and either dead or easily caught. He could be anywhere from hiding in the mountains to broken into a random house, killed the homeowner (or hostage or whatever), and is hanging out there eating their food, using their heat, etc., until he's ready to strike again. Hopefully LAPD knows more specifics, and if they do, good on them for keeping tight lips. We just won't know until it all unfolds.

Hope this ends soon. I'm still praying for all of you out there.

7. The whole confusion of some over the whole lying is a career ender in LE makes me realize how different we are from our neighbors. For some lying is part of the job, sales, politics, etc. For us lying puts you on the Brady List of your DA. In CA they are starting to share Brady Lists among the DA offices. They are even starting to put non LE on Brady Lists. Although non LE Brady Listers are ususally only there because they lied under oath not because they told their boss they were sick when they weren't.

8. Louisville Glocker

Louisville Glocker Urban Redneck

The ability to lie and keep your job is interesting. Yes, politicians and businessmen do it all the time, and yet maintain their careers.

LE, just like scientists, are pretty much in a one strike you're out situation. Integrity is crucial to the job. Interesting. Not all fields have such high standards. But definitely true for LE and science.

9. Louisville Glocker

Louisville Glocker Urban Redneck

From what I've read so far, he's basically a whistleblower who got railroaded, and cracked. It has happened before.

We don't know the details (why he chose his exact victims, maybe they were asses and trash talked him, who knows?)

Either he dies in the mountains, by a bullet, or he has made it far away and will hide for a few years. Time will tell....the guy obviously has a lot of guts. (maybe not as much wisdom) (reporting his training officer was NOT a good choice, if he wanted an LE career)

(hiding is his best option at this point)

#229 Louisville Glocker, Feb 11, 2013
  10. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

Whistleblower? More like throwing something out to try to save his ass.

11. That is not always correct. I have seen some cops lie and nothing happens to them. It all depends on press coverage. I say that everyone is a liar because people lie..that about covers it. :whistling:

12. It seems to me that the longer he's out there, the harder it will be to find him.

I'm betting that some Huffington Post reader is helping him out, unfortunately.

13. TBO

TBO Why so serious?
    CLM

Start a new thread on this if you are interested.
    You'll find you don't know what you're talking about with the Cops. (Lies can be okay, or career ending).

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 2

14. Admire him, do you?

Whistleblower? Nonsense. He made his complaint against his training officer AFTER receiving an unsatisfactory rating from her, and a couple weeks after the alleged incident. That's important, by the way: in LAPD, it's misconduct to delay reporting another officer's misconduct. The UNSAT rating was potentially job threatening. That's his motive for beefing his TO. No guts there. Self serving manipulation. Independent witnesses exonerated the accused officer.

Remember, he has appealed the case through the courts and lost at every stage. Wrongfully fired officers often sue to get their jobs back and win. He did not. That is a critical piece of information.

Guts? Sure, it took lots of guts to walk up on a young couple sitting in their parked car and shoot them to death. They didn't even know him, let alone were they "asses" who "trash talked him". So far, he has not targeted one person responsible for his losing the LAPD job. He has killed strangers. Innocents.

What next, praise for his marksmanship? Yeah, impressive, shooting into a car at close range and getting hits. Shooting a rifle into a police car at a stop light. Wow. Minute of Angle stuff right there.

He's deadly because he's homicidal and will sneak up and kill his victims. Courage doesn't enter into it.

It took guts to fire on unsuspecting police officers, killing one? Really? Threatening to murder the children of police officers is courage? Please tell me I misunderstood you on this point. I hope I have. If not, wow.

The funny part is this: if he'd posted his political views on this or other similar sites, you'd be tearing him apart. But, since he bashes an arm of the government, many here (and on some other gun forums) seem to have an admiration for him, even as they give a luke warm condemnation for his murderous acts. I have heard more moral outrage, here and on other forums, about the LAPD shooting in Torrance then Dorner's capitol crimes.

Sorry, but I really think you've been duped.

15. AA_Khost

AA_Khost Member

I have a few friends up that way (Big Bear) that are retired Vietnam SF. Dorner better be on top of his game if he encounters them. Not to mention the people who live there year around are a breed apart.

Those in the public defending Dorner are just a big of a piece of **** as he is.

He wants to be famous,well soon LE is going to grant that wish!

16. Axle broken at Big Bear...

He has been awfully quiet.

My guess is he is froze to tree like the character Hatchet Jack in the movie "Jeremiah Johnson."

17. Gallium

CLM

Marlowe, we have not formally met, but please allow me to introduce you to GNGs 2nd biggest Obama supporter and Commie in training - Louisville Glocker.

18. wprebeck

wprebeck Got quacks?

Nevermind

#238 wprebeck, Feb 11, 2013
  19. txleapd

txleapd Hook 'Em Up

I stopped reading after this, because the only place where you could have possibly read that was in his rambling manifesto.

Unless you'd like to post some hard evidence, which refutes the actual hard evidence which actually exists and disputes his word?

20. I am still amazed that this guy s becoming the Robin Hood to fight da man. The comments I keep reading floor me. Just more hypocrite progressives supporting their own kind.

To stay on topic, I don't think the reward will do much. I think he is a loner. Famly won't turn him in. If he got out of the state and heads east, he'll be in the wind for awhile. Maybe he did freeze to death in Big Bear but I get the feeling he didn't. Hopefully I am wrong.