Thread to follow progress of manhunt in Southern California...

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by RussP, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It does appear that he has had time to make all sort of plans. He may have a few 'supporters' which have provided him transportation. If so, he could be any where.

He probably needs to be shot on sight. Too dangerous. Like a rabid dog.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. We have the same thing here. They have little to no power.

3. Patchman

Patchman Florist

Always good advise.

Be cognizant of his/her behaviors towards you. At the same time, also be cognizant of your behaviors towards him/her.

Often, a "victim's" statement that he was acting like the perfect gentleman towards the other person, and for no apparent reason that person [insert adverb] responded back, will sound hollow... because it is. :dunno:

#183 Patchman, Feb 10, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  4. Patchman

Patchman Florist

:dunno:

#184 Patchman, Feb 10, 2013
  5. w01

w01

I doubt he has accomplices. Doesn't seem like one who builds relationships. If he does, the $1M reward just announced will probably throw a wrench into that situation.

Not that anyone should take him or the situation lightly, but he hasn't been seen or heard from in a couple of days now and as angry as he is he doesn't seem like the patient type now that he's started his scene. I think he under-planned for the bad weather, got stranded in the elements & he'll be found when the snow melts in Big Bear. Or he's holed up somewhere in Big Bear they haven't found yet.

6. None other than Charlie Sheen is reaching out to this turd, telling him to "call me". Birds of a feather, I guess......

7. That's a good read. It makes it pretty obvious that he only made the complaint to get out of a bad review and it's not the first time he made a false claim.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

8. Why are they wasting time watching the Mexican border? Seems it would be as porous going south as it is coming north, and the record of stopping northbound illegals is not good.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

9. w01, I also doubt he has an accomplice, for the reasons you suggest.

From an investigative standpoint, it's a possibility that must be considered, but, so far, he sounds like he is on his own.

I hope so, anyway.

10. akapennypincher

akapennypincher Glock-O-Holic

#190 akapennypincher, Feb 10, 2013
  11. Patchman

Patchman Florist

Arrest?

Whatever happened to "Dead or Alive?"

12. akapennypincher

akapennypincher Glock-O-Holic

Dead is not PC, what do you want to do upset Reverand Al
    Sharpton, and the Reverend Jackson.

13. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Such as?

Rodney King? One incident, four officers out of 9,000, decided on a clip of a longer video that would have provided very important context. Use of force never looks pretty.

Rampart? Long believed that most of what Rafael Perez revealed was a bogus attempt to save his own ass. Remember that he did not "come forward" as a whistleblowing hero, he got caught stealing a **** load of coke.

What else?

Why did he need to get fired? Because he LIED. We cut an officer lose because he lied about where he lived...not because he lived outside of our residency area, but because when they called him in, he lied about it. You are obviously on the outside looking in here, but we (law enforcement) take integrity extremely seriously.

Please further describe the "history of abuse" of which you speak. LAPD has nearly 10,000 officers, they're in one of the most liberal and populous regions in the country. They have a giant target on their back. When the "scandals" stop making the news, I'll start worrying about them. As long as they're uncommon enough to still be reported (since they're obviously ratings bait), then they're not happening often enough to be concerned. Keep in mind that as one of the largest agencies in the country, LAPD has an internal affairs division that is larger than probably a significant percentage of law enforcement agencies nationwide.

14. I'm glad the cops throw up all the stops when it comes to one of them being threatened.

I wonder if there would be 500+ murders in Chicago if they (and the politicians) even gave 1% of the effort there.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dorner is reviving help from various members of the public in LA.

There are probably thousands of people who would be willing to aid him in the LA area alone.

#195 RyanBDawg, Feb 10, 2013
  15. Do yourself a favor and stop there. Don't go down that road.

16. What road?

That's why they are offering a reward. Ill bet they think the same thing, that he is receiving help from people who sympathize with him.

#197 RyanBDawg, Feb 10, 2013
  17. RussP

Everyone should follow actionshooter10's advice.

Do NOT go down that road.

Thanks!

#198 RussP, Feb 10, 2013
  18. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

Stay classy...

19. deleted

#200 Southswede, Feb 10, 2013