close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Thoughts wanted

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Jack Knife, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Jack Knife

Jack Knife

Oct 29, 2009
    On this load for my 26,

124 gr Rainier RN

4.3 gr Unique

1.150 col

Loaded 1/2 dozen.pretty soft,cycled slide .No fail to feed or fire. No pressure signs. Anything I should know or change with this load? Thanks

2. WiskyT

WiskyT Malcontent

Jun 12, 2002
    North Carolina
    If you are going to load that light you should give some thought to using lead bullets.

3. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Apr 14, 2009
    Conifer, CO

Pretty much like all other ammo... in a box, standing on end, side by side. Gee, I thought everyone knew that. :whistling:

Jack

4. Jack Knife

Jack Knife

Oct 29, 2009
    LOL Jack

I didnt try shooting at targets just made sure it cycled.

whisky.....want are you getting at?

5. My load listing shows a 125 gr. lead bullet ahead of 4.4 gr.s of Unique, sparked by a standard(CCI500) primer. Gives about 990 fps-very consistant and quite accurate depending on the gun. A light load, reasonable for practice, but not a serious load. Have you checked a current reloading manual? If your source for reloading data is "Glock Talk", you're doing it wrong.

6. fredj338

fredj338

Dec 22, 2004
    so.cal.
    That load is likely not breaking 950fps. I am surprised you get reliable feeding. At that vel. you could shoot lead bullets.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  7. WiskyT

WiskyT Malcontent

Jun 12, 2002
    North Carolina
    My biggest concern with that load is getting a bullet stuck in the bore. Alliant lists a max as 5.8 with a 124 Gold Dot which is a plated bullet:

1.12 4 CCI 500 Unique 5.8 1,180

The plating on the bulet will likely act like a jacketed bullet in terms of friction in the barrel.

The start load would be a 10% reduction. 4.3 is a 25% reduction. Lead bullets are much more forgiving and better for light loads.