close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Thoughts on the sad state of the food network!!!!

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by lethal tupperwa, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Mild Bill

Mild Bill Millennium Member

Oct 18, 1999
    Tampa, Florida

2. Alton Brown is the man.

Bobby Flay? I'd like to see somebody hit him right square in the nose.

3. Michael Dean

Michael Dean

Feb 18, 2002
    OKC
    Interesting blog......

Alton Brown does a good job in explaining the "science of cooking", but his comedy wears a bit thin on me.

I really like Bobby's "Boy Meets Grill" show. I cook on the grill at least once every week, and have gotten some good ideas and recipies from him.

4. Remander

Remander

Nov 9, 2002
    Louisiana
    Thanks for the link. I love Tony and his show on the Travel Channel.

He is right on about Food Network. I used to watch it a lot, but it is getting lame.

Here is a good sample of Tony's biting prose:

5. The Pontificator

The Pontificator Angry Samoan

Sep 18, 2000
    Grumpyville
    Anthony Bourdain's "No Reservations" is being shown all day on The Travel Channel on Monday, President's Day.

Unfortunately, I gotta work, and then I gotta be on the road at 4:30am the following morning. :sad:

6. wallyglock

wallyglock

Mar 1, 2005
    in.
    does a pretty decent job overall.

some real hot women on there also...!!

if a person does not want to watch it, they are not forced too !!

the wife is about ready to make some protein bars alton brown showed how to make a few days ago.

and also the barefoot contessa fixes some fantastic dishes.

7. wallyglock

wallyglock

Mar 1, 2005
    in.
    does a pretty decent job overall. some hot women on there also !!

the wife is about ready to make some protein bars alton brown showed a few days ago.

also the barefoot contessa does a great job with some fantastic dishes she preparea.

8. Singlemalt

Singlemalt In the rough

Apr 6, 2004
  9. XD40FAN

XD40FAN

Nov 6, 2004
    Reno/Sparks, NV
    Bourdain is pure genious.

However, maybe he shouldn't be knocking the network that made him famous outside of foodie (I despise that term) circles. Highly trained, talented, and smart - but kind of becoming an elitest in my opinion.

For all its short-commings, Food Network is still the best thing on about 95% of the time.

I would like to see more of Iron Chef America, Dinner Impossible, Top Chef (I know, not a FN show), and shows like it. Really good stuff there.

My ultimate ICA battle(s)?

Bourdain vs Thomas Keller

or

Bourdain vs Todd English

or

Bourdain vs Rick Bayless

I would be REALLY interested in the results of these battles! :supergrin:

10. Tennessee Slim

Tennessee Slim Señor Member CLM

Apr 14, 2004
    Mucus City, USA
    Nigella Lawson could save ABC, NBC and CBS ...all by her little ol' double-D cup self.

11. Remander

Remander

Nov 9, 2002
    Louisiana
    I like Alton, but he said on his Cajun/Creole show that some folks in Louisiana like to use Boudin as the sausage in gumbo.

Puuhhhlease!

Louisiana Boudin may look like sausage, but it is a pork/rice/seasoning product stuffed in a sausage casing. It's more like dirty rice than smoked sausage. I don't know anyone who has ever tried to use boudin in gumbo.

Boudin is GREAT, but it would fall all to pieces in gumbo.

Just steam it or heat it up (many folks then take it out of the casing), and enjoy with some crackers or wrapped in bread.

If you have made gumbo with Louisiana boudin, please tell me about it.It would be a new one on me and everyone I have mentioned this to (all of whom laughed at the thought). But you never know what Louisiana folks will do with food.

[​IMG]