close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Thoughts on Missing MO. Baby

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by G_34, Oct 22, 2011.

1. G_34

G_34 STUMPY

Sep 19, 2004
    Behind the Wall
  2. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

One of the most recent developments reported in the local media is that of a witness who reported having seen a man carrying a baby in the area, just prior to the time we had heard about it initially in the news. The witness just thought it odd that the baby was under dressed for the weather, but thought nothing more about it, until something clicked in the witness's brain a couple of weeks later that whom she saw might have been the person's concerned with. They have literally turned the place inside out, and it has been reported that cadaver dogs have found a sent.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/21/witnesses-report-seeing-man-carry-baby-resembling-missing-10-month-old-lisa/?test=latestnews?test=latestnews

Personal opinion, something was going bad within the household, but it is only opinion. We will see the outcome of things later.

3. Well, mom now admits to being blackout drunk and asleep four hours earlier than what she originally told the cops.

Reason she lied: "I was afraid the police would waste time investigating me instead looking for the real kidnappers." More like you were afraid you would get in trouble for child neglect.

Well lady, you pretty much guaranteed that when you lied.

I agree with Hack, something will come out and show that the family has a hand in it somehow.

Edit: Not a cop, just a cynic.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  4. G_34

G_34 STUMPY

Sep 19, 2004
    Behind the Wall
    I dont know how much of the man carrying a baby in the area that night story that I believe. If you really saw that you would have reported it as soon as you heard the baby was missing. Not 16 days later. I would understand on day 2 or 3...if you hadn't heard the news....but over 2 weeks later....seems like they are trying to get a little ray of the spotlight now.

The cadaver dog hit in the house is interesting. They aren't saying a whole lot more about that on the news....but those only hit on the scent of DEAD bodies.....hmmmmmmmm.

I'm with Hack on this'un....somethings fishy in KC....specifically that household....alot of stuff not panning out with stories provided.....when they are cooperating with police

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  5. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Fixed it for ya.... I think you hit that nail squarely on the head.

Randy

6. High Caliber

High Caliber US ARMY Veteran

Aug 23, 2011
    Homeless
    It's gonna be another Casey Anthony all over again. :(

7. Wil Ufgood

Wil Ufgood GTDS #88 CLM

Mar 20, 2009
    Out There
    Yep, damn shame :crying:

8. G_34

G_34 STUMPY

Sep 19, 2004
    Behind the Wall
  9. scottydl

scottydl

May 31, 2005
    The Middle
    Family involved. All kidnapping / missing children stats show this is nearly always the case.

10. PawDog

PawDog NRA Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Big Thicket, Texas
    The baby's dead, no doubt the mother more than likely killed her during her drunken stupor.

11. Yep, Elizabeth Smart is the only one I can think of off the top of my head where the family was innocent. I guess Jon Benee too, if you want to be technical about it.

12. scottydl

scottydl

May 31, 2005
    The Middle
    And those dynamic "Hollywood material" cases are the only ones that make the news. You never hear about the majority of kids' cases nationwide. This thread is a good example... I hadn't heard a single word about this case in IL (not THAT far from KS City) until I read it here. Some get picked up by the mass media because of their sensationalism, i.e. Casey Anthony, but otherwise it's just another day for local LEO's.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  13. G_34

G_34 STUMPY

Sep 19, 2004
    Behind the Wall
    It has been in National news...but not nearly as much as it should be...especially after this many days....this child, if still alive, could be anywhere in the country...or out for that matter.

14. You aren't kidding. My wife is a social worker here in Detroit. If one of her kids go missing it's a shrug of the shoulders and an "I guess she's with her boyfriend" or a "he must be running the streets" from the authorities and even the families sometimes.

To be fair, most of the time that is what is going on, but not every time.

White kid in the 'burbs goes missing it's national news. Black kid in the ghetto is missing it's just another day.

15. MeefZah

MeefZah Cover is Code 3

Jan 2, 2008
    Lost Coast, Cali
    Barring a situation like a hospital nursery abduction, I don't think I've ever heard of a missing baby that wasn't later found dead, killed by the mother / father or some other live-in family member.

16. G_34

G_34 STUMPY

Sep 19, 2004
    Behind the Wall
  17. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    I agree.:steamed:

18. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    Very bad business. Media circus for the networks... just another day in the 30 minute news cycle. For the mother and father... extreme suspicion. Recognize the trauma for them. If they are innocent... really awful. Problem is... any reasonable man would suspect the mother... or at least someone associated with the mother. Dog hitting on scent is a good sign. Hopefully the baby will be found. But it doesn't look like the baby can be expected to be found alive. Very much feel sorry for the officers, etc. who have to deal with this business.

19. G_34

G_34 STUMPY

Sep 19, 2004
    Behind the Wall
    http://videos.kansascity.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=117347751

Link to video from surveillance at a gas station about 1 mile from the home. They are speculating that the person is the "man seen carrying a baby at 4am". Looks too blurry to tell if you ask me...but its the theory they are working on now. I think most of you have come to the same conclusion as the rest of us as to the whereabouts of baby Lisa. :whistling: