Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Thoughts on JM tactical

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by AF-Odin, Aug 24, 2014.

1. AF-Odin

Oct 12, 2007
    Central Texas
    Looking at the Jerry Michulek Model Mossberg, 24" 9rd magazine model of the 930. For the price (Cabelas had them for around $670) think it might be a nice entry level 3 gun semi-shotgun and double as HD.

Thoughts and has anyone used them
  2. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil

Sep 17, 2005
    I like mine. I experienced the same problem many have. The distal end of the attached mag tube that is screwed into the receiver has too narrow of an inner diameter for the follower to pass smoothly between the extension tube and that tube. This causes the follower to jam after a couple rounds. There are a couple different ways to fix this. If you're buying it in person I would make the store pull off the extension tube cap, remove the spring, and follower, then drop the follower down the tube by itself. If you hear it clunk at the junction or if it hangs up, don't buy that shotgun. If you do, you'll get about 4 shots out of it then there won't be anything pushing the shells down the mag tube so it won't feed.

Watch out though b/c that end cap is under a lot of spring tension and it'll shoot across the store.

And you can find them for much cheaper than $670. At least $100 cheaper.
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2014