close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Thoughts on Hi Viz sights?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by DesertGuy, Aug 11, 2010.

1. DesertGuy

DesertGuy

Mar 22, 2010
    I am thinking about installing some fiber optic sights on a G22. I may well only do the front sight.

Does anyone have any experience with the Hi Viz brand sights? I really couldn't find a review.

How sturdy are fiber optic sights? How hard are they to fix if the tube does break.

Thanks everyone.

DG

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  2. whatsupglock

whatsupglock

Nov 20, 2009
    Hi Viz is okay. The fiber is really big in diameter so the dot looks HUGE! If you have a front sight tool or wrench they are a breeze to put on. Just use some blue locktight or you will lose the sight. The fibers in the hi-viz are super easy to change. The sight comes with a little tool that allows you to pop the fibers out and replace them easily.

It's cheap. Try it out. If you don't like it, get something different. I won't buy another hi-viz. Too many other choices that are better. I am a huge fan of the Warren/Sevigny sights, but they cost a lot more money. A hi-viz sight will work with the stock rear sight on your 22. If you go with another type, such as the Warren/Sevigny combos, you will need to change both front and rear sights.

3. AZBru88

AZBru88

May 21, 2010
    Arizona
    I just ordered 4 more front red fiber optic sights from AmerGlo. I love fiber optics and have TruGlo's on all my Glocks except my 17C. I found the AmerGlo's to be thinner and brighter. They are.1" where stocks are .14" wide. I have old eyes the dot and extra light from the thinner front sight let me pick up my target much faster.

4. Rosco Benson

Rosco Benson Millennium Member

Jan 18, 1999
    The Hi Viz "overmolded" front sights are my favorite. The clear overmold prevents any worries about the fiber optic rod coming out.

Rosco