close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Thoughts on ammo.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by superjew, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superjew

superjew

What are your thought on the CCI Blazer ammo? I can buy 50rd boxes for $10. Is it a good deal? What is a good personal defense round for a G23 and G27?

2. Fastfordsrus

Fastfordsrus

That is a decent deal for range ammo, just remember that it is aluminum cased so it might oxidize over time. The last time I bought blazer it was for a 9mm at 11.97 a box. In my 9's I carry Hornady FTX, pretty sure they make it for .40

3. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

4. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

The Blazer is good cheap range ammo. For carry there are many options like ice cream flavors. Win PDX1, Fed HST, Hornady, Corbon, Speer GDHP etc. Here is a ballistics chart to help. Either way with technology now in bullets it is hard to go wrong with any of those brands. And I know there are others these are just a few more. Federal Guard Dog, Wilson Combat (expensive), Double Tap, and etc

Also what grain are you wanting, 135, 155, 165, 180

http://www.ballistics101.com/40_caliber_sw.php

:50cal:

5. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

Winchester Ranger-T 165gr or 180gr. Federal HST 155gr or 180gr. Speer Gold Dot in any weight. Winchester PDX1 180gr is what the FBI uses, but any of the above ammunition is good defensive ammo. Personally I carry Ranger T's in 165gr and Federal HST's in 155gr.

As far as range ammo goes, just go to walmart and buy the cheapest they have out of winchester white box and federal champion, I prefer the 100 round box of federal champion for $28 at my local walmart. By the time you get done paying for shipping for online range ammo, it's usually more expensive than walmart's. But there are good deals to be found online, just do a little math and make sure they really are as good as they seem after shipping is added in.

6. robin303

robin303 Helicopter Nut

I like the brass just to save to reload. :supergrin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.