Thoughts on a concealed carry weapon

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by taylortactical, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Shoot to stop the threat.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Let me shoot at you with an airsoft gun and lets see what kind of sight poicture you get.....Like everybody you will run and shoot back at me as fast as you can , as much as you can--I promise!

3. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

Well I am changing over to .40 ASAP!

4. Main reason is the knockdown power :)

5. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

Why does this myth of knockdown power live on? No handgun bullet is going to physically knock someone down. The laws of physics requires that the shooter be also knocked down from the recoil. Handguns do not shoot bowling balls.

6. It was a joke. Thought the give away was referring to 9mm :)

But anyway, handguns actually do shoot bowling pins and knock them down :)

7. Clutch Cargo

Clutch Cargo Amsterdam Haze

Due to back surgery, I'm drug crazed. My chances of encountering and entering into a gunfight with a drug crazed felon are next to none. If I went looking for that kind of trouble, I'm sure I'd find it.

8. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

They must hit the brain or CNS to get those one-shot stops. :cool:

9. Not sure how the video ends, I quit watching after he said a Glock 30 is uncontrollable when firing one handed.

Just another 9mm is better video as far as I am concerned.

If half the shots fired miss the target shouldn't you be carrying the gun you find the most accurate to shoot. This might turn out to be a 9mm but how could you know without trying out other calibers.

As much as I like my Glocks, yes plural, not everyone like shooting them or find that they are less accurate with them.

10. TBO

TBO Why so serious?
    CLM

IMHO this can never get enough reinforcement.

11. Nobody said anything about one-shot stops. You shoot to stop the threat. If it takes one, great. If it takes a magazine, so be it.

Handguns are generally poor stoppers. If I had my choice, I'd carry a 12ga w/slugs or #1 buck or a rifle. It's a bit harder to conceal.:supergrin:

12. CanMan

Silver Member

Hollyweird.

13. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

So true. If I knew that I would be in a gunfight in two minutes, I would go get my Mossberg M500 with its 12ga slugs and buckshot.

14. This is a promotional video for his program. Fear based propaganda to sell his course. No statistics and his information is incorrect regarding number of shots fired and effects of multiple assailants and defending yourself with a gun.

15. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

Oh, ok. Now I get it! And yes, the .45 ACP handloads do quite well at blowing bowling pins backward three feet and off the table. There used to be a big pin match every June called the Second Chance Bowling Pin Shoot up in Central Lake, Michigan.

#36 SCmasterblaster, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  16. actually its the G29:wavey: