close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Thought the 36 problems were fixed.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by christoph4, Nov 9, 2012.

1. christoph4

christoph4
    Expand Collapse

After much consideration, I decided to buy a 36. Took it to the range and it jammed constantly using AE 230 fmj. I have used this in my 21 with no problems. No limp wristing either. I thought the issues were resolved. Contacted Glock and my parts are up do date. Is the 36 that sensitive to ammo? I will try diff ammo next week but I no longer have the confidence in it to bet my life on. Any advise before I trade it in?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 christoph4, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  2. ChiefWPD

ChiefWPD
    Expand Collapse

I had a model 36 some years ago. I never could get it to function. I sent it back to Glock four times. They never got it to work and they finally sent me a new model 23 which works just fine. Disappointed in the model 36 and sorry it seems to be such a problem design.

Oh, and a buddy of mine has one that works just fine!

#2 ChiefWPD, Nov 9, 2012
  3. Georg of Ohio

Georg of Ohio
    Expand Collapse

My Glock 36 have eaten everything which I have tried, with no jams (I will not carry any semi-auto pistol until I run at least 200-300 rounds thru it).I have heard of some problems with the older models, what is the DOB on your 36?

I suggest that you should have someone else try it; it may be the smaller grip size.

If you trade it off, are you going to stick with Glock? IMHO the other Glock 45s are too fat as a EDC, but to each his own.

#3 Georg of Ohio, Nov 9, 2012
  4. Atlas

Atlas
    Expand Collapse
    transmogrifier

Both my G36's run any ammo I've tried.

5. bunk22

bunk22
    Expand Collapse

I bought a brand new G36 back in Aug 2010 and was by far the worst handgun I've owned. It choked on every type of ammo, even with with various shooters. I got rid of it quickly but I don't think it's common, I think I got on of the lemons.

6. Glock Master

Glock Master
    Expand Collapse

I've had zero problems with my G36.

7. GlockRWH

GlockRWH
    Expand Collapse

Unfortunately its the only Glock pistol I've ever experienced multiple FTFs with. I was shocked the first few times it happened.
    I have owned many Glocks over the years and the G36 is definitely a different animal.

I tested several types of .45ACP and it did well with the defensive ammo, but I can't trust a pistol that doesn't digest most ammo.

I do love my G26/G17/G34. The 36 just wasn't for me.

And no... I wasn't limp wristing it. :dunno:

8. Redstate

Redstate
    Expand Collapse

My G36 runs perfectly when I shoot it. Not the case for my friend when he shoots my G36; however, he has no problems when he shoots his G19 and G34. The G36 is a lot of pistol in a small package.

9. bunk22

bunk22
    Expand Collapse

Not always the case, it's not always the shooter. There have been some defective G36's.

10. WinterWizard

WinterWizard
    Expand Collapse

There have been a few G36s that had issues, therefore, according to the Internet, it's a problem design and every G36 has issues.

By that logic, every G19 gen 4 is a P.O.S. because a few have had brass to the face and erratic ejection issues.

Also, some Toyota Camrys had issues a while back, therefore every Toyota from now until the end of time is a P.O.S.

ETC, ETC, ETC...

11. WinterWizard

WinterWizard
    Expand Collapse

By the by, another post from a new user ripping a major competitor (the G36) to the new Springfield XDs.

The G36 doesn't have issues on the whole. You just have issues with yours, or you are a paid poster.

12. buckshotshorty

buckshotshorty
    Expand Collapse

What is AE ammo? Maybe that's the problem. Did you try any other ammo?

13. MikeG36

MikeG36
    Expand Collapse

AE (American Eagle?) Have you tried higher quaility and or other brands of ammo?

My G36 so far has eaten everything I've fed to it without a problem. My Dan Wesson and Colt Gold Cup custom shop both had trouble with American Eagle but they're usually happy with WWB.

I wish you the best of luck sorting this out.

14. F106 Fan

F106 Fan
    Expand Collapse

Try some different ammo!

You will also want to try whatever SD ammo you intend to use.

Get a few hundred rounds through it and see if it works better. That's easier if you reload but, still, 10 boxes of Federal Champion (Wally World) won't really break the bank.

BTW, I want a G36. My Gen 3 G21SF has eaten all my reloads including the 200 gr LSWC which is notoriously hard to feed. I want the thin frame/slide of the G36 for carry so I'll be hoping you get this resolved without having to send the gun to Glock.

I have put off buying a couple of Glocks until all the uproar dies away.

Keep us posted with your results with other ammo.

Richard

15. Tarowah

Tarowah
    Expand Collapse

I replaced the extractor with a non LCI and I never had another issue with mine, it was sold to me because it had the fail to extract problem and I knew it when I bought it, I have since sold it and the new owner has never had an issue.

16. mj9mm

mj9mm
    Expand Collapse

got my G36 this past summer, easily over a thousand rounds through it not one failure of any kind. shoots everything i've put through it, though for price i buy more Tulammo than any other. it hasn't disapointed me:cool:

17. English

English
    Expand Collapse

I have read posts about defective G36s since long before the comparable XD existed. Throughout that time people with no understanding of the meaning of evidence have insisted that all G36s must be OK because their G36 is OK.

The reality is that many defective G36s have been bounced back and forth between the owner and Glock with Glcok claiming that nothing is wrong when the evidence of videos of a G36 jamming show no sign of limp wristing, which is the usual excuse given by thse who think all G36s are perfect. There has been no notification of a fix for the problem and no sign of Glock fixing bad pistols on the quiet. Of course, Glock now have a whole bunch of other models with ejection problems.

On one occasion an owner took Glock to court and won, but really it should have been a class action for many shooters with lawyers who could really hurt Glock. Then we probably would not be having the problems that amny are now having.

English

18. Darkangel1846

Darkangel1846
    Expand Collapse

Never had a problem with my G36, several ammo different mags.

19. Redstate

Redstate
    Expand Collapse

This is a follow-up to my earlier post about my friend that always jams my G36, while I and others that have shot it have no problem. As stated, he shoots his G34 and G19 without problem. Also, when he shoots my G27, he jams it.
    I think his issue is that he does not have a high enough grip on the pistol, something he can get away with on the 9 mms.
    I am not saying that the original poster has issues with his grip of the G36 (I guess it is possible that he got one that has some part that is not functioning properly).
    Bottom line is that I don't think the G36 has any kind of inherent issue. The G36 is a fine pistol that, in my case, as well as probably the case with a very great percentage of owners, is perfectly reliable.

#19 Redstate, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  20. markerbeacon

markerbeacon
    Expand Collapse

I’ve had my Glock 36 for about 2 months. I used several different Ammo Brands with no (Ammo related) issues. Currently using RWS. $17.50 a box.

I did have one problem with the G-36. I bought an extended slide lock lever from the Glockstore. I installed it and almost immediately I had problems with it returning to battery. I believe the problem was with the extended slide lock lever.

I took it off, reinstalled the OEM extended slide lock lever, problem went away. I fired 100 rounds through it this morning without on issue.

#20 markerbeacon, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012