close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Those who carry M&P45'sor 40's

Discussion in 'Smith & Wesson Club' started by Alliance50, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Hi
    For everyone that carries a Smith-Wesson M&P 45 or 40 what holsters are you all using? over all what do you think of the gun especially the M&P 45 cause thats the one I want to get. I think this is a dumb question if you already carry one but do you trust your life and your families life on it in self defense situation? I ask these questions because I normally carry a glock myself and am hooked on those but I am starting to really get a good feeling about the M&P's. So hummer me and give me some good holster Ideas and your opinions on the gun itself. Thanks :rofl::whistling:

2. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

Feb 1, 2005
    PA
    That's asking a bit much, wouldn't you say??

:rofl:

3. Well You did it!:rofl::rofl:

4. G33

G33 Frisky! Millennium Member CLM

May 29, 1999
    With G29
  5. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

Feb 1, 2005
    PA
    ... well, getting back OT, my local PD is issued the M&P in .40. I spoke with one of the officers about it and he liked it better than anything else he's used (forgot to ask what their prior issued gun was).

I have enough rounds through mine to know I'd carry it .... if not for the insane trigger job I have on it. The fact that you can get Crimson Trace for them is very appealing as well.

6. edrobert

edrobert

Dec 18, 2006
  7. Bulldog

Bulldog Millennium Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Texas
    I've started carrying my M&P 9 in the past month. I've been carrying in a Gould & Goodrich pancake type holster I got from Gunners Alley. Carries nicely, but it's actually molded for a G17 (but will also fit....). I just picked up a Galco Concealable for it (that's actually molded for the M&P), and it seems to carry nicely for me, as well.

I just made this for my M&P 45 (still needs final finish):

[​IMG]

I really like the M&P 9. I've carried a G19 for years, and I shoot the M&P better, and it's more ergonomic (I can actually drop a mag without twisting the gun in my hand). Jury is still out on the M&P45 since I've only had it about a week.

8. G33

May 29, 1999
    With G29
    Did you switch the black backstrap from another gun?

Smith rep. showed me that a fitted leather holster for 9 or .40 would fit the .45...
    Pretty neat.
    :supergrin:

9. Bulldog

Apr 14, 1999
    Texas
    Oh yeah, the M&P 9 backstraps work on the M&P 45. :supergrin:

And the holster I have pictured above will work for the M&P 9, as well. I just molded it for the 45 due to its longer and slightly thicker slide (just barely thicker at the forward serrations).

10. Bulldog

Apr 14, 1999
    Texas
  11. M1Garand

M1Garand

Sep 7, 2005
    Virginia
    Nice. There are many leathers out there. The one I like the most are by Safariland which use laminate construction with synthetic materials that feel like leather but are scratch resistant and weather resistant.

Take a look the various holsters offered by Safariland. The pancake holster by Safariland is only about $40 and very versatile.

12. AZG30guy

AZG30guy

Sep 4, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Bull dog good choice on the Gould & Goodrich holster. I got one for my G30, that I got about 8 years ago. It's still with me after alot of hunting trips in thick brush and some daily carry. You get a lot of holster for the money.

I got a M&P 9c. It looks like it fits holsters for the G26/27. I currently CC it in a DeSantis IWB.

13. G33

May 29, 1999
    With G29
  14. Bulldog

Apr 14, 1999
    Texas
    I like the G&G, and it would be fine if I had a Glock 17 or 22, which is what the holster was molded for, but I typically like my guns to ride in holsters that were actually molded for them. I wanted something for my M&P, so I made the holster pictured above (in my first post, not the Galco :supergrin: ).

15. fastbolt

fastbolt

Jun 9, 2002
    CA Central Coast
  16. SDGlock23

SDGlock23 Glockoholic

I use the Don Hume H721-OT for my M&P 45. Great holster.

17. JeepWrangler

JeepWrangler

Oct 2, 2006
    anyone know if the safariland als paddle holster for M&P 40 will also fit the 45?

18. fastbolt

fastbolt

Jun 9, 2002
    CA Central Coast
    Old thread.

FWIW, I ended up getting a Comp-Tac paddle for each of my M&P's, as well as a DeSantis w/retention strap for the one which doesn't have a thumb safety. I'm very pleased with the Comp-Tac paddles.