close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

those who carry a Glock for CCW, do you also carry a BUG(back up gun)

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by wickedarachnid, Feb 8, 2011.

1. wickedarachnid

wickedarachnid one cool dude

just curious to see if some people carry two guns every day. I have heard a saying "Two is one and one is none"

2. Just1More

Just1More

3. Dawolf

Dawolf

Depends on the situation, but yes do occasionally have a LCR on my ankle.

4. willy1094

willy1094

Some also carry OC, flashlight, knife, multi-tool, two spare mags, (probably a ccw badge and reflective ccw ID holder). I am not saying that these are not useful but I (and maybe I am the only one) feel that if I could fill a duty belt with the crap I am carrying it is time to simplify. If you are doing thing right, the need for a weapon should be pretty low. Make sure your carry weapon is dependable and carry it. To be realistic, and that does not happen a lot here, if you are in a shooting and your weapon fails you are probably not going to have an opportunity to get your BUG. That if basically the argument for carrying condition 1.

5. coorsleftfield

coorsleftfield

G19 on belt, G26 on ankle, Fox pepper spray in my pocket.

6. JoeAPD

JoeAPD Glock's Rule!

nope just another mag

7. gdd363

gdd363 Glockster

Of course I do! I agree the odds of me having to use any weapon is small but I am more concerned about what is at stake ---my safety and well being as well as those around me. My Glock carry is RH 4 o' clock. If my right hand is somehow incapacitated I would have a heck of a time trying to draw with my left hand. I carry an LCR .357 in my left front pocket also. Its easy to carry and I barely notice that it is there. Plus if my Glock malfunctions (I know, that will probably NEVER HAPPEN), or an asailant disarms me, I will always have my BUG.
    Again it comes down to whats at stake, not the odds. My life is too important to rely on probability.

8. JoeAPD

JoeAPD Glock's Rule!

Agree, leave duty belt at work. Contains Sig anyway, too heavy for CCW. G32 not seen unless needed. Scares my wife when she hugs it!

9. YaDaddy

YaDaddy

I carry a PF9 (soon to be replaced by a Kimber solo carry) along with my OD G23. More so as an option than a BUG. I move in and out of areas where I can carry during the day, so there is a lot of on and off. Having the PF9 as an option has proven to be effective in keeping me armed whenever possible.

10. up1911fan

up1911fan

Alway's, LCP in the summer, LCR in the winter. BUG is always on left front pocket.

11. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

I never have carried a backup gun, but I do carry a 13rnd spare mag on my belt and pepper spray in a pocket.

12. sigchaser723

sigchaser723

In general just a couple spare mags a knife and a light. Although there are times when I have to go places that are less then ideal and in those moments I toss a 26 in my off side pocket.

13. Josh82

Josh82 Semper Paratus

It gets a bit cumbersome at times but I'll have either my 17 or 21 on hip and Smith snub in the ankle holster. Situation depending.

14. Z28ricer

Z28ricer

Currently no, have I ? yes, G30 with 27 as bug, or my Kimber 3" with G27 as bug, when I get the Kimber back, the G33 I have now will be bug, until I get a LCP.

Flashlight, 1 spare mag, usually a knife.

15. kendric98

kendric98

Just a spare mag.

16. SwornInfidel

SwornInfidel

I carry one in my vehicle, or at least used too. I know my weapons won't fail and any jam can be cleared quickly just like getting to an ankle holster. Except however when riding with a seatbelt in a vehicle. Getting to my Springfield MicroCompact is much more difficult than getting to my p226 in an undisclosed position within reach and at most 4 seconds of my drivers seat

17. Sheepdog Scout

Sheepdog Scout Behind you!

Nope. Just a Glock 19. 15 +1 and an extra mag are more than enough for any situation a civilian will encounter.

18. RyanBDawg

RyanBDawg

No, just a Glock 26 and a spare mag.

19. 1canvas

1canvas

my 23 or 27 is backed up with either or a j frame or p3at. i always carry fox pepper spray. there are time when i just carry a glock but i always have pepper spray when carrying for a less than deadly threat.

20. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

Sometimes I carry a BUG. Of late, more often than not I have a BUG. Not because of a perceived higher risk. I generally carry either my G19 or XDSC. I also have a Ruger LCP. The LCP is so easy to carry that I almost always have it on me. In the cooler months, I have the LCP in a pocket holster and the main carry gun in an OWB holster.