close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

This thing eats like a pig!

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by samuse, May 29, 2011.

1. samuse

samuse

Jul 30, 2008
    South TX
    2010 VBOB.

Against my better judgement and in the absence of all rational thought, I bought a NIB 2010 VBOB yesterday. Like I need another gun, much less a 1911.

First impressions, it looks very nice it's fit and finish is excellent. It looks as nice and nicer than a lot of guns costing the same to $500 more.

I detail stripped and cleaned it, mostly to throw in a Harrison short trigger I had laying around.

I took it out today with a buddy of mine and we set up a few IDPA targets and put 'er through the paces.

I was worried that it was going to point low for me since I'm used to arched MSHs and Glocks, but it was a natural pointer, just like every other handgun that'll fit in my hand.

I fed it a mishmash of ammo from steel cased ball, WWB FMJ, WWB JHP, 230 hydrashoks, 185+p Golden Sabers, some Black Hills JHPs, 200 LSWC and probably more out of a coffe can of random, mixed ammo.

It ate from Wilson 47s, 47Ds, Checkmate G.I.s, 2 kinds of Springfield mags, Checkmate 8 rounders (came with it) and some CMC Shooting Stars.

It fed, fired, extracted and ejected everything except it wouldn't feed the last round of 200 LSWC out of G.I. mags. Go figure.

It was as accurate as I could shoot it and the recoil/flip was milder than I expected. The 25LPI and VZ grips are good and grippy.

It needs a new slide stop because the follower of every mag would jump over the lobe almost every time the gun ran dry.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Look like someone drank the Kool Aid...

Congrats man.

3. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Congrats! :cool:

The VBOB is a great looking commander.

4. Bob469

Bob469

Feb 25, 2010
    would you mind telling how much you paid ?

5. samuse

samuse

Jul 30, 2008
    South TX
    Kool-Aid?

I didn't say I was gonna carry it or anything, jeez, it's a 1911!:tongueout:

6. awpk03s

awpk03s

Apr 1, 2007
    Ohio
  7. atl-g33

atl-g33 Lifetime Member

Aug 1, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
  8. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy