close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

This leaves my jaw hanging.......

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by MB-G26, Oct 20, 2012.

1. MB-G26

MB-G26 Bk2MiscResource Lifetime Member

Oct 9, 2001
    Missing Sharon
    Short version: ton 'o idiots get in bar fight with opposing other ton of idiots.......... and 5 LEOs end up injured, 1 or 2 requiring IP admission to the hospital. In no way do I mean to infer criticism of the officers' actions, but jeeeeeeeeeze loueeeeze!
    Why not just shut all doors and shove a firehose through a window or vent, or shut all but one doorway and use some killer nasty combo of spray bomb and flashbang, before TWO OFFICERS enter the fight area and attempt to break it up? Multiple tazings ensue, and so on.............

Scary. Two uniforms against umpteen fiesty drunks in an enclosed space, already fighting before uniforms enter building?

Yikes.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/FLAGscanner/134094979959596?ref=ts&fref=ts

http://www.chadblack.com/flagscanner/forum/showthread.php?tid=399

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  2. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
    Standard fare for every Arizona agency I know of in the metro Phoenix area.

It was never one on one, but more like two/three/more on one.

3. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Call the grenadiers to the front and saturate the area with chems. Sit back.

4. scottydl

scottydl

May 31, 2005
    The Middle
    "Party can"

Sabre Red makes a reeeeeally nice MK-9 sized can of spray just perfect for these kinds of incidents.

5. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

Release the K-9's and let them do their work.

6. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
    Flagstaff doesn't have the personnel, even if they called in the County and NAU PD combined.

7. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
    Flagstaff considers that just below deadly force. Never going to happen until people start shooting wildly into crowds and the handlers have to pick the assailants out.

8. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Dogs cost money. Send in the reserves. They're free.:supergrin:

9. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004

That would be the NAU PD and they aren't supposed to leave campus.

10. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

OK, let's try something totally unorthodox, (just for fun, not being serious here).

Toy skunks, already completely equipped with defence mechanisms. Real looking fur, and actions so the differences are are not apparent, and that way the real skunks don't get harmed. Throw a little skunk oil in as a bit of realism.

Here ya go:
    http://www.geekalerts.com/rc-skunk/

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/skunk-oil-spray-and-sonic-blasts-to-fight-rioters-16183176.html

11. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Such an evil man!.....

Randy

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

12. Sharkey

Sharkey

Nov 21, 2006
    DFW, TX
    As our DT instructor said, sometimes it just starts out a baton day. In this case a nice billy club or sap would have been best. Of course waiting for more backup as they beat each other senseless is never a bad idea either.

13. RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP Inactive/Banned

Jun 16, 2007
    Waco, Texas
    Hey I resemble the reserve mark. :)

I would just toss in a few stinger ball distraction devices.

Outhouse Hub, the misinformation solution.

14. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

Apr 30, 2005
    I Never minded getting dispatched to bar brawls, hell I would even jump those calls. Always found them to be a great stress reliever.

:supergrin:

15. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

I earned the right, buster! I put in more years as a reserve than most of y'all did as a full-timer.

16. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
    There is a lot of truth and win in this philosophy.

17. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    My apologies, I didn't know, gotta respect the thin blue dotted line... :)

Randy

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

18. texmex

texmex

Nov 29, 2004
    Central Texas
    It is all a matter of timing. You want to arrive after they are too tired to fight you but before they all leave. I had to explain that to a rookie I was training. He wanted to run code to a bar fight. I told him to slow down and let them get tuckered out a bit before we got there. He asked, "what if an innocent person gets hurt?" I told him "there ain't no innocent persons in a beer joint". "They all knew it was a beer joint when they went in there."

19. Pepper45

Pepper45

Jun 15, 2006
    A very wise old FTO suggested turning on the siren and circling the block twice before going in. Anyone still in a disturbance after that is too stupid to not be locked up.

20. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

It's more of a dash than a complete line.

So this bull was on the top of a hill with a young bull, looking down at a field of cows... The young one said to the older bull, "hey, let's run down the hill..."