close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

This Just In: Christians are NOT the enemy

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by JMag, Dec 3, 2012.

1. scccdoc

scccdoc

Dec 28, 2011
    Do you want to exchange Holiday gifts too? Your sarcasm mimics your personality (no offense intended)

It is not proven it is a book of myths. I guess people considered it a myth to travel into outer space at one time........[/QUOTE]

QUOTE=Geko45;19758223]Again, you don't get to place superstition on the same level as medical science. My nephew was killed last year in a car accident. His organs saved eight different people. That was made possible through science, not religion. Most theists originally opposed organ transplants as supposedly going against god's will. Religion is a net drag on science. Religion is the main factor holding back stem cell research right now.[/QUOTE]

Prove that it is superstition.
    Maybe I received one of those organs !!!!!!!!! I owe thanks to the donor
    "Most theist", certainly not all, I'll stand up to be counted.
    All sciences?

2. There you go again. World wide floods, talking snakes, 900 year old men, a virgin birth, coming back from the dead, and so on, are all myths until proven otherwise. Other than invoking the supernatural, no one can even speculate how these things are possible. Until someone produces evidence these things happened or how they possibly could have happened, they will remain in the realm of fiction, like Hansel and Gretel, Snow White, and so on. Once again, citing the Bible is not evidence. Things are not true simply because someone says they are and no none can prove them false.

Traveling into outer space was fiction until it actually happened. There are several differences between traveling in outer space and the stories in the Bible. We knew on one had traveled into outer space. Any who claimed to have done so would have to provide proof. In addition, we knew what it would take to go into outer space. The science was available for decades, but we had to wait for the willpower to do it, and the engineering to catch up.

3. NMG26

NMG26

Jul 24, 2010
    NM
    Separate yourself from non-Christians.

God loves you if you are submissive. If you are not submissive you will go through the tribulation.........but God loves you.

This world is not our home.

Jesus is coming back and taking us out of this evil world. The rapture is going to happen, we just don't know when, but expect it at any moment.

People will live forever somewhere, either in heaven or hell.

All people are sinners and worthy of death.

God requires blood in order to forgive.

God is tribal. God is on the side of the chosen people.....us. Most of us anyways.......are you with us?

As a Christian you don't know that these ways of thinking are harmful to you, and the rest of the world. To you they are the truth. If your truth is a lie, how can it not be harmful?

4. scccdoc

scccdoc

Dec 28, 2011
    I enjoy my time of prayer, actually, I don't pray enough. Brainwashing? No, a time to have fellowship with the Lord. I find it comforting...........

5. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot CLM

Nov 1, 2002
    KCXO
    "Superstition is a belief in supernatural causality: that one event leads to the cause of another without any physical process linking the two events, such as astrology, omens, witchcraft, etc., that contradicts natural science."

6. scccdoc

scccdoc

Dec 28, 2011
    Because it's not a lie, simple. Are you done ?

7. Geko45

Nov 1, 2002
    KCXO
    I liked my time spent in prayer too. It was indeed comforting, but that didn't make it any less of a self-delusion.

8. Geko45

Nov 1, 2002
    KCXO
    If it were, how would you know? How do you honestly test that hypothesis when you yourself are subject to overwhelming confirmation bias?

9. NMG26

NMG26

Jul 24, 2010
    NM
    Done with what?

:cool:

10. scccdoc

scccdoc

Dec 28, 2011
    You've proven the definition of "superstition". Very good! Now prove that God is "superstition", though this has been attempted in other threads and for naught.

11. scccdoc

scccdoc

Dec 28, 2011
    If it is not, how would you know?

12. scccdoc

scccdoc

Dec 28, 2011
    Your pointless line of questioning.

13. scccdoc

scccdoc

Dec 28, 2011
    Nice to see the "gang" again.......safety in numbers,huh?

14. Geko45

Nov 1, 2002
    KCXO
    I've answered that question many times on this forum, I'd like to hear your answer to this question. If it were a lie, how would you be able to tell?

15. Geko45

Nov 1, 2002
    KCXO
    Since we don't pray, we have more free time.

:tongueout: :wavey:

16. NMG26

NMG26

Jul 24, 2010
    NM
    My point is that Christian doctrine is the enemy.

Christians are not the enemy.

Even Christians know that false doctrine is destructive.

I am not done. I enjoy talking about spirituality.

Have you never changed your theological thinking? If you go from one church to another, the underlying doctrines are not all the same. You are sectarian in your thinking and theology. I am always willing to put my faith to the test, and that is one of the reasons I post here. I might learn something. I find it freeing to be released from an oppressive doctrine.

:cool:

17. scccdoc

scccdoc

Dec 28, 2011
    good one :>)

18. scccdoc

scccdoc

Dec 28, 2011
    And I think that is fine, but I'm a dentist, not a theologian.

19. scccdoc

scccdoc

Dec 28, 2011

And I would change your mind with a belief based on personal experience? That has been explained on this board before also, to no avail........

20. Geko45

Nov 1, 2002
    KCXO
    [​IMG]