close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

This Just In: Christians are NOT the enemy

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by JMag, Dec 3, 2012.

1. bobtheelf

bobtheelf

Sep 3, 2012
    Nashville
    Certainly not. People who wish to dictate how others must live their lives, and who wish to dictate morality to others; those are the problem.

2. Christians are the enemy of critical thinking.

3. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter

May 30, 2010
    This! They're also the enemy of education and progress.

4. JMag

JMag

Feb 7, 2001
    USA:Love it or leave!
    No, just enemies of indoctrination in secular humanism and progressIVE drivel.

Thanks for playing!

:wavey:

5. NMG26

NMG26

Jul 24, 2010
    NM
    Well then you are saying that Christians are the enemy of certain ways of thinking.

The sad part is that Christians don't realize the effect this has on world. I was taught to separate myself from the world, as a fundamentalist Christian. The effects of separation still are with me. It took a long time to really get over that self-defeating philosophy.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  6. JMag

JMag

Feb 7, 2001
    USA:Love it or leave!
    Certain "ways of thinking" are the antithesis to Christianity; secular humanism being but one.

7. NMG26

NMG26

Jul 24, 2010
    NM
    Christian fundamentalists teach that the world is evil.

This way of thinking is damaging to the psyche of people. I grew up thinking the world was evil and Jesus was going to take us out of this evil world. It is in no way a healthy way to think.

8. How do you square critical thinking with beliefs that can't possible be true? Doublethink?

9. token5gtd

token5gtd

Mar 6, 2011
    Not just christians, religion as a whole is the enemy here.

10. wingryder

wingryder

Oct 9, 2012
    28.420, -81.171
    :agree:

Gods don't kill people. People with gods kill people.

11. dave27

dave27 Millennium Member

Feb 18, 1999
    Rochester, NY
    That's fantastic! It would be much funnier though if it weren't absolutely true.

12. NMG26

NMG26

Jul 24, 2010
    NM
    The enemey of what might be a better question.

Christians are taught that they are in a constant spiritual battle with a diligent enemy.

On many levels the Christian is taught that the rest of the world (non-christian world) is the enemy.

13. scccdoc

scccdoc

Dec 28, 2011
    Not entirely correct in my opinion. Who taught you this?This is what the Bible says.............

Ephesians 6 :11, 12. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. <sup class="versenum">12 </sup>For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Again, how am I an enemy?

14. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot CLM

Nov 1, 2002
    KCXO
    Exactly right. I've encountered to many theistic people where their christian worldview has become a source of enablement for their dysfunction. Why focus on getting your "worldly" life in order when you believe it to be only a transient stage. Instead of taking responsibility for their situation now, they daydream about some future life where their mythical deity will take care of everything for them.

15. scccdoc

scccdoc

Dec 28, 2011
    And this doesn't occur in the atheist worldview? No dysfunctional atheists?

So you're saying "no Christians" take responsibility for their situation now? C'mon Geko, you know better than to make a statement like that.

I understand your disbelief, but is it necessary for you to demean my beliefs as "daydream". Certainly you are more articulate than resorting to childish banter. But then again it seems to be the norm for this forum..............too bad.

16. Blast

Blast 'nuff said

Aug 2, 2002
    NKY/Cincinnati area
    Don't bother wasting your time, scccdoc. The resident atheists here are delusional. They have a chronic obsession with slinging crap at religion, especially Christians.
    They ignore the fact that far more atrocities throughtout history have been due to secular reasons. Human nature is the cause. Human nature has corrupted religion just as it has corrupted science. Science has achieved many great things, but it also has a dark side. How many ways to destroy life is rooted in science? Nuclear/bio/chemical weapons is a good start. But noooo... you can't tell that to an emotionally disturbed atheist. They will try to find a way to blame Christians. Twist, distort, misrepresent, lie, whatever it takes to give them some sort of satisfaction. False as it is.
    They think they're accomplishing something, but they can delude themselves all they want, they continue to fail.
    I could go on for hours on secular humanism about wars, murders, mass shootings, and a long list of corrupt and criminal activities none of which are connected to Christians, Jews, and even Muslims.

This pretty much illustrates the attitude some here :animlol:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvOXPiH03a4"]Rosie O&#39;Donnel spoof mocumentary "Radical Christianity" featuring Allen Haff on Bill O&#39;Reilly - YouTube[/ame]

17. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot CLM

Nov 1, 2002
    KCXO
    Never said that, of course there are dysfunctional atheists. They are just less likely to use their worldview as a crutch for their dysfunction.

I do know better than that, which is why I didn't say it. I said that I've known to many that don't take responsibility. That's very different than saying none do.

I'm sorry that you take offense, but the word is used in the correct context. It's all just an elaborate fairytale, myth, daydream, self-delusion, whatever you want to call it. It describes events and occurances that are known to not be possible in this world. It is no different than any other myth system of present or past history. Believing in it strongly does not change that.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  18. 9jeeps

9jeeps Still Jeepin

May 22, 2004
    PNW
    So why do so many unbelievers call out to our God when there is a big tragedy in theirs and others lives? Or fear reigns in their minds?

EXAMPLES:
    Oh my God!!,
    Jesus Christ!
    God Almighty!
    God damn you!
    Send me some prayers I, my family, my friend, Buddy, our country, my dog; cat; kid, loved one, adnauseum, need prayers so badly!

Sorry people, you betray yourselves. When you are in your weakness everyone of you call on the most powerful name you can speak to relieve you of your drama.

I see it here all the time and have even called a few on thier abusive language a time or two.

Some of you use Angels, some, with dropped wings. Aren't these a Christian symbol? How many of you wear Crosses and know not what that even means?

C'mon now boys and girls lets play fair. :wavey:

19. NMG26

NMG26

Jul 24, 2010
    NM
    I was raised in an independent fundamentalist Baptist Church. I remember in grade school being taught about Noah and the ark, and that God would soon do the same thing to the world of the unsaved when Jesus returned, and then singing "I wish we'd all been ready".

James 4:4
    Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

If you are taught what the Bible teaches, then you separate yourself from the world.

Religion separates. Always has, and always will.

The chosen people are not going to burn with the rest of world at God's vengeance. Save yourself. That is how it reads and that is how it is taught.