This is what telling the truth gets you

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by glocking26, Aug 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. She should have just kept her mouth shut when asked do you have any weapons in the car. This is what doing the right thing get you.

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/269670681.html
    Philly mom faces jailtime due to New Jersey's strict gun laws

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 glocking26, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  2. Loading...

3. ya gotta know B-4 ya go......

4. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy
    Silver Member

Nobody's fault but her own...

When I travel, it's my responsibility to know which states honor my permit, and which states don't... Had she done her part, she wouldn't be in this predicament.

It's absolutely ridiculous, but that's the law.

5. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan
    CLM

Dumbass woman deserves jail time..........she willingly broke the law, time to pay the price. People like this screw things up for all that carry and follow the laws.

6. Another reason to stay out of New Jersey

7. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

Confiscating the gun would have been more appropriate than harassing a citizen that obviously was no threat.

The law is the problem in NJ....

ooc

8. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan
    CLM

Darn true statement.......I have little use for most of the NE coast

9. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

new jersey's anti-self defense laws are common knowledge to anyone that takes the time to get a ccw permit and has the interest in self preservation....

10. Completely agree there.

11. Sigobsessed

Sigobsessed Good looking

There is a case right now of a rochester city school teacher that went on a field trip to ny city and brought her pistol she has a valid nys pistol permit that because of stupid gun laws is not valid in ny city. We need as a country to get back to following 2a instead of letting politicians pass ridiculous gun laws that make honest citizens into felons because of a lack of knowledge.

12. The Machinist

The Machinist No Compromise

She didn't do harm to anyone, and doesn't deserve to be locked in a cage, and treated like an animal for it.

13. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

Absolutely......The law should be used for crime prevention, like every form of gun control has been touted to promote. In this case, it didn't do that.

Personally, I think there is a constitutional case against the law that says you have to show a police officer your carry permit. If she hadn't done that, there wouldn't have been a problem.

ooc

14. Green_Manelishi

Green_Manelishi Knicker Knotter

That's why it's called Nahtzee Jersey.

15. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwYBshAScmE&feature=player_detailpage"]How To Survive A Traffic Stop "I Don't Answer Questions" - YouTube[/ame]

As I understand it, the woman is being charged with having armor penetrating bullets for her Bersa Thunder 380. What bullets might those be?

This video was made because the law seems to trump common sense for those who should know the difference.....and, we the people need to defend ourselves against absurdity.

16. My range is off the last exit of the P.A.turnpike right before crossing the bridge into N.J. I bring my full autos with me most of the time. I always make sure I'm paying attention at the point. God knows what they would do to me if I got stopped and they found them.

17. janice6

Platinum Member

Sounds like someone is padding the charges with "Armor Penetrating Bullets" in a .380 caliber. I would like to know where she got those, My wife's .380 ammunition could use some help.

18. It's ridiculous that you can be law abiding on one side of the state border but as soon as you step a foot over the line, you're instantly a criminal.

19. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy
    Silver Member

Yep... It makes no sense.

20. What constitutional law did she violate?

21. The story of the women from PA going into NJ and getting arrested sounds vaguely famiiar. I wonder why and where and when she was stopped and who if anyobody was with her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.